Nal'da Enclave (7/26/17: Metal Tau Rising: Revengeance Force Squad Go)

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Nal'da Rising (10/28: Battlesuit Production Underway)

Post#73 » Oct 28 2013 06:28

Hey everyone! It's been another long dry spell, hasn't it? Well, my 40k mood has just been...well, rather sour until lately. I was so unhappy with my XV8 conversions, my Chaos army just isn't cutting it...just been in an overall slump. However, I recently stumbled across an awesome conversion article for Battlesuits, and after much deliberation I gave it a shot. I have to say, I'm glad I tried; I'm getting all fired up again! :fear:

Even with my really thin/sub-par plasticard and scratch-building skills, this fellow came out beautifully! I'm experimenting with using a shield generator piece for the torso though, maybe wiht an additional piece of plasticard; thoughts?

I also re-equipped my generic commander to lead an allied Codex army; now he's rocking a Cyclic Ion Blaster and a Missile pod to join my Burst Cannon/Missile Pod team for more anti-infantry/light armor hurt!

And - using leftover Pathfinder weapons, Firewarrior bits, and some metal models I found for cheap - I managed to make an auxiliary Pathfinder with a rail rifle, should I ever decide to run one:

Hopefully the coming weeks will be more productive; I plan to get some fresh battlesuits, extra bits from the Riptide and Broadside kits, more Broadside plasma rifles, Riptide Smart Missile Systems, a jeweler's saw, proper plasticard, and that plastic weld stuff in order to help realize my goal of a battlesuit army!

SaidtheActress
Shas

Re: Nal'da Rising (10/28: Battlesuit Production Underway)

Post#74 » Jan 16 2014 11:13

Wow these are really great conversions! I'm going to have to do my own in a coupe of months so I'll definitely be back here looking for inspiration! What did you use as the knee guard on the battlesuit?
All for Tau'Va

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Nal'da Enclave (7/26/17: Metal Tau Rising: Revengeance Force Squad Go)

Post#75 » Jul 26 2017 12:27

Wow, it has been some time, hasn't it! My last post was back in 2013; I've really been slacking off on my Tau, haven't I?

Well, with my big gaming drought through late 6th and through all of 7th edition for various reasons, I've really had no drive to get my army painted. Hell, I don't even have enough Firewarriors! (I could have worn I converted more. I didn't sell them, did I? :sad: )

With all the new models out, though - as well as the new boxed sets, and the amazing 8th Edition starter (STILL haven't had the chance to actually play yet. :( ), the gears are slowly starting to grind again. It started with watching Invasive Wargaming on Youtube for an analysis of Tau as they currently are, and then finally finding a spray paint I can actually use as a primer in my high-heat/humidity state. After some modifications to the commander for the new edition, and a few passes with aforementioned spray:

Then in my musing, I dug through my old paints, an old pot of Hormagaunt Purple paint that was still good as new! So I started experimenting...

And as neat as it was...it just wasn't doing it for me. Then I looked to my old pot of Knarloc Green longingly. Oh, how I missed that color. How I missed those days, arguably the peak of my modeling and painting yet. heck, some of you guys might remember!

But alas, I open the pot, and to my dismay I get not Knarloc Green, but runny black stuff. I mourned the loss of it, alongside my old favorite Charadon Granite...but then I saw a sliver of hope. A mass, on the wall of the pot. So I grabbed my trusty poking straw taken from a used-up compressed air can, and I began to poke and prod. Pasty, malleable pigment - there was life! I poked, scraped, mashed, added water and thinner, and - after a vigorous amount of shaking...

I'M BACK, BABY! :fear:

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: Nal'da Enclave (7/26/17: Metal Tau Rising: Revengeance Force Squad Go)

Post#76 » Jul 26 2017 07:07

Welcome back, Orpheus. I'm coming back myself, and it's always nice to see other long-time lurkers start to stretch their muscles, too.

The shield is an interesting conversion. I'm interested to see how it looks fully painted.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Return to “Common Workbench”