Nal'da Enclave (7/26/17: Metal Tau Rising: Revengeance Force Squad Go)

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
FrostyFang
Shas

Re: Nal'da Rising (11/19): Orpheus' XV9 COMPLETE!

Post#19 » Nov 19 2011 06:45

Excellent work! I have to say, my favorite part is probably the sword. It definitely looks like an artifact that was enhanced with tau technology. Sort of a... "We don't know how to use this, but we'll be damned if we don't have the tech to figure it out."
Our Good is Greater than Yours.
Farsight Initiative

E'nigma
Shas

Post#20 » Nov 20 2011 04:22

He looks awesome Orpheus!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#21 » Nov 20 2011 04:47

Thanks for all the comments guys! I remember that someone asked which photos were closer to the true color, to which I have to answer: none of those. However, the sun was out for a while today, and I managed to snag some far more accurate photographs.

I've also begun work on a Broadside conversion; I'll try to have some photos up later this evening!

Whitefire
Shova

Re: Nal'da Rising (11/20): Better Photos!

Post#22 » Nov 20 2011 06:21

Loving the Farsight counts as. It also makes me want to pick up the same xv9 to breathe new life into my own Farsight.

One last thing the head you used.. Is it a Stock Forgeworld part or just a standard head with engraved panel lines and GS sides? Oh and are you planning on doing something to the Shoulder guard of the Left arm?

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Nal'da Rising (11/20): Better Photos!

Post#23 » Nov 20 2011 06:54

Whitefire wrote:Loving the Farsight counts as. It also makes me want to pick up the same xv9 to breathe new life into my own Farsight.

One last thing the head you used.. Is it a Stock Forgeworld part or just a standard head with engraved panel lines and GS sides? Oh and are you planning on doing something to the Shoulder guard of the Left arm?

It's a heavily modified XV8 head. ;) And MAYBE some orange markings, but otherwise it's gonna be plain.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Nal'da Rising (1/24) Need input on color schemes!

Post#24 » Jan 24 2012 01:26

Alright guys, as neat as Orpheus' suit looks...I'm not sure that the green really "does it" for me anymore. Plus, I hate painting red glow effects! :P I've narrowed down a few good color schemes, wanna know what you guys think would be best!

Orgun
Shas

Post#25 » Jan 24 2012 03:34

Orpheus Hangar wrote:Thanks for all the comments guys! I remember that someone asked which photos were closer to the true color, to which I have to answer: none of those. However, the sun was out for a while today, and I managed to snag some far more accurate photographs.

Can I just say "WOW" :::( that just looks amazing.

As for your Fire Warriors Colour scheme. Depending on how bad the mould was on your Fire Warriors (Mine had bad warped leg armour grooves), I like the all black one with the Orange shoulder pad.

Hope it helps.

Orgun.

Isaac
Shas

Post#26 » Jan 24 2012 05:31

I really like your orange colour scheme, I think it would look great :biggrin:
For The Greater Good :fear:

Skitter_Critter
Shas

Post#27 » Jan 24 2012 08:10

Having just started re-painting my Tau, currently re-painting my CSM army and also my SM army for the third time I know exactly how you feel about not liking the colour now.

I must say the suit looks amazing though. Personally I like the first Fire Warrior test colour. The light cloth with the dark armpit looks great and the bright orange sept marking just pops off the dark armour plate.

XENO GOD
Shas

Post#28 » Jan 24 2012 09:06

I like either the third (black with orange shoulder pad) or sixth (orange with white sept markings) color schemes. I would really, really, really, really, really, really, like the orange and white one if they were super grimy. That would be sick. Beat up, post-apocalyptic, orange armies are ALWAYS a win. There's my schpeel.
The worst things are done with the best intentions.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Nal'da Rising (3/26): playing with color schemes

Post#29 » Mar 26 2012 02:15

Well, it's been WAY too long since I've updated my Tau! Got a couple of color schemes I'm playing with that I'd like to show you guys, and I'm torn between them and the original green/orange/grey scheme (even with my dislike of painting red, even for just the OSL)...what do you guys think?

Brown scheme:

White scheme (just a rush job to see if I can airbrush white worth a crap. Need to thin the white a bit more and get a proper primer job on it after it soaks in some purple power!):

If I go with the white scheme, should I tone down the amount of orange? And should the "mechanical" parts like the legs, backs of the thighs, joints, etc. be boltgun metal or grey? Tempted to go boltgun adn give it black adn yellow markings, akin to the Cerberus color scheme from the Mass Effect games. :P

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#30 » Mar 26 2012 02:25

The Shas'(ui?) looks good, but I can't say much about the Ra'lai the flash of the camera is washing the colors out to much.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#31 » Mar 26 2012 02:48

Che Gue'vesa wrote:The Shas'(ui?) looks good, but I can't say much about the Ra'lai the flash of the camera is washing the colors out to much.

that's...not R'alai; I just used R'alai's shield. :P It's my Shas'o, a Farsight counts-as.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#32 » Mar 26 2012 02:52

Oh, the wonders of perception ...

I only saw the shield, ignored the plasma rifle and didn't even notice the sword in his hand.

FrostyFang
Shas

Post#33 » Mar 26 2012 08:54

Man, great job on the brown color scheme. The orange and green accents are spot on. I'll admit, I was a huge fan of your original scheme for your Farsight count-as. While I'm always in support of the orange-white combo, I'll have to agree with Che, it's a little hard to judge properly while it's still so stark white.
Our Good is Greater than Yours.
Farsight Initiative

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#34 » Mar 27 2012 06:40

Man, you change your scheme a lot, don't you? :P Oh and I think the brown scheme looks awesome. It is really well done! The white one just looks like primer.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#35 » Mar 27 2012 12:24

Well Wolf, I've always been highly indecisive, so.....yeah. :? I'll give the brown a shot though, already got an XV9 I've started plopping the colors on!

EDIT: Also, that was a quick airbrush job with the white; if I were to go the white route for real, it'd get better shading and such. Also, remmeber that these guys are probably gonna be renamed the ARC-21's, which would place them as stern anti-Inquisition members, and the white could be a more symbolic thing.

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#36 » Mar 27 2012 07:51

That's an option! I would suggest something more along the lines of a creamier white or a very light gray. But that may come down to personal preference.

Oh and you may be a little indecisive with paint schemes, but I the worst when it comes to selecting a Chapter symbol for my Marines. I must go back and forth on different options over a dozen times!

Return to “Common Workbench”