it has been some time, hasn't it! My last post was back in 2013; I've really been slacking off on my Tau, haven't I?
Well, with my big gaming drought through late 6th and through all of 7th edition for various reasons, I've really had no drive to get my army painted. Hell, I don't even have enough Firewarriors! (I could have worn I converted more. I didn't sell them, did I?
With all the new models out, though - as well as the new boxed sets, and the amazing 8th Edition starter (STILL haven't had the chance to actually play yet.
), the gears are slowly starting to grind again. It started with watching Invasive Wargaming
on Youtube for an analysis of Tau as they currently are, and then finally finding a spray paint I can actually use as a primer in my high-heat/humidity state. After some modifications to the commander for the new edition, and a few passes with aforementioned spray:
Then in my musing, I dug through my old paints, an old pot of Hormagaunt Purple paint that was still good as new! So I started experimenting...
And as neat as it was...it just wasn't doing it for me. Then I looked to my old pot of Knarloc Green longingly. Oh, how I missed that color. How I missed those days, arguably the peak of my modeling and painting yet. heck, some of you guys might remember!
But alas, I open the pot, and to my dismay I get not Knarloc Green, but runny black stuff. I mourned the loss of it, alongside my old favorite Charadon Granite...but then I saw a sliver of hope. A mass, on the wall of the pot. So I grabbed my trusty poking straw taken from a used-up compressed air can, and I began to poke and prod. Pasty, malleable pigment - there was life! I poked, scraped, mashed, added water and thinner, and - after a vigorous amount of shaking...I'M BACK, BABY!