[WIP] Kroot Hybrid Army

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
T113
Kroot'Ui

Re: [WIP] Kroot Hybrid Army

Post#11 » Mar 13 2012 02:38

Yeah you're right about that but I would only be using the legs and I want to pick the legs that will match the beastmen legs, that I've used for the FW, as much as possible. I was also thinking about giving them a camo cloak or will that be too much?
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

devilfish12
Shas

Post#12 » Mar 13 2012 02:46

I think it might be a bit too much if the model will be on all fours as well, but if you decide to go the other way and make the models two legged I don't see why not man :smile:

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#13 » Mar 13 2012 03:38

I'm going to have to put some serious thinking in to this, I was originally going for a rogue theme with masks and hoods and stuff but I like the idea of them being on all fours. This is a head scratcher :P

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#14 » Mar 14 2012 07:37

Just thought I'd keep you updated on the very slow progress of my army, due to lack of job and funds this is going to take me longer to complete than I was hoping so I'll apologise for that now. So far I have done four FWs, I've decided to name them in case I ever get around to doing any writing about them. I've done some research and I think the name's I have given them will work but if they don't please let me know and I'll try my best to give them something better.
As seen above this is Kekeng
The new ones are Ant'ook
This guy has his hood back so you can get a better few of the helmet and visor combo that they wear.
This is Gnaron
He is only wearing the visor, again to show the different styles.
Lastly is It'Jex
I've realised that I've forgotten to put the visor around his neck but I left his face clear so that you can see the line in between his eyes to make them more Tau like

E'nigma
Shas

Post#15 » Mar 14 2012 09:35

Ooo cool names where you able to find out their names? It would really help me out will naming my kill team.

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#16 » Mar 14 2012 09:47

I couldn't find much to be honest apart from this http://forums.tauonline.org/tau/82111-kroot-names.html and the kroot codex, I tried to use sounds that sound tribal like and use 'clicky' sounds or words that make you pause in between syllables. Hope that helped, and that it made sense :P

E'nigma
Shas

Post#17 » Mar 14 2012 03:50

That actually helps out a lot thank you :D

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#18 » Mar 17 2012 09:40

@E'nigma - Glad to help mate :fear:

Finished another guy who I've named Tcht'aak, I thought I'd try a different pose to mix things up a bit :neutral:

devilfish12
Shas

Post#19 » Mar 17 2012 01:18

Looking good man, these kroot are really coming together...Must admit though I can't wait to see one of the high tech ones ;)
Keep on posting.

Devil :fear:

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#20 » Mar 18 2012 06:41

I'll get there eventually :P the 'techier' ones are going to be my next project. I looked at the Ghouls and they are way too small for me to use so I spoke to one of the lads there and he recommended me using the Chaos hounds

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#21 » Mar 24 2012 09:53

The day has finally come, I now have a full squad :D I got there eventually :P
I'll start with my 'Shas'ui'. His name is Koot'rah. I'm not sure if it's worth giving him a marker light or a bonding knife but I decided to give him them just incase, can always say they're just for show if they're no good :P
Next is Gnol'ah
This is Dalatr'k I took this photo not long after I made him and the glue hadn't dried that is why my hand is in the photo' so sorry about that. I also couldn't get a clear photo of him so i'll upload one when I get one
This is Akiik I decided to give him a cloak/poncho thing instead of a hood just to add abit of a mix
And last but not least Ah'koo this is my favourite so far, I've made him different because he is a sort of adjutant/bodyguard for the shas'ui (like Ezrah in the Gaunt's Ghosts books). He has a carbine instead of the rifle so that if an enemy gets too close he can pin them while the squad gets into cover

my camera has ran out of batteries so when I get some more I'll upload a group photo aswell. Still unsure of the colour scheme though :-?

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#22 » Apr 02 2012 09:22

Just a small update, got a better camera now so I've taken a group shot as promised

thing are abit quiet on the modeling front as I am waiting on parts that I have ordered to come through. But I did start painting my old kroots, I've not painted in about a year and even then i wasn't very good. I'm going to use a more vivid red but this is just a general idea

Also I'm going to do the gun a different colour but not sure what yet. Comments and Criticism appreciated :neutral:

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#23 » Feb 28 2015 08:34

2 years?! Oh the shame! :::(

I have been still been working on the little cluckers but always forgot to post my progress. Since my last post, way back when, i painted all my firewarriors and built a small unit of Pathfinders.

here are some of the painted guys.

Still need to work on my painting skills but it's not bad for a beginner :crafty:

For the Pathfinders, things didn't go exactly according to plan. I wanted to make them more 'techy' by adding a semi see through gauntlet on them all to act as a ML (I wanted it to look like the Tech glove in mass effect). I'm still looking into to how i can manage this but i put it on the back burner for now. I changed the legs up on them, because they're a recon unit i wanted to show them as being able to move fast so i made some of them moving on all fours...
Action pose
for the special weapons units i wanted to give them a more 'tough guy' look. The idea behind the guns is that there's an anti grav unit under the gun so it's light weight (to make them more mobile.)
Only thing this guy is missing is a cigar ;)

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#24 » Feb 28 2015 08:42

After the 6th ed codex came out, i really wanted to make my own characters. I started by trying to do my version of Cadre Fireblade but it failed, so i went on to Darkstrider

So that's where i got before i fell off the hobbying wagon.

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#25 » Feb 28 2015 08:59

I think it was a year since I made my Darkstrider counts as.

I have been doing bits and bobs between then and now but it's only been recently that I've fully dived back into the hobby. I've had a long look at my work so far and I'm about 70% happy with it all. my main complaint is the weapons ... i really don't like what I've don't with the Pulse Rifles :( they just look all kinds of wrong lol. So I've decided on a concept but I'm still working on the design but basically i wanted to make them look more like Futuristic Rangers but instead of giving them all bows my idea is to give them arm cannons (Like Samus or Mega man) but add to blade like things on them to act as weights or something (again I'm still trying to figure it all out).

In the mean time I've started on my stealth suits. I saw a post on here that had a link on how to give your Kroots Dreads and as soon as i saw it i knew i HAD to do it ... it just looks so cool but I'm not sure if I'll do it on all of them or just leave it fro the stealth guys.

I've kind of shot myself in the foot because I'm going to make my own arms out of green-stuff. I wanted the arms to be longer than normal because they are going to be wielding a spear (nothing says hunter like a spear :P) on the other hand will be a gauntlet that concentrates their psychic power and shoots tiny shards to energy.

Those things on their backs are supposed to be small wings so they can propel themselves across the battlefield

Let me know what you all think and hopefully I'll keep on posting more stuff as I work on it ... I'll try not to leave it 2 years at least ;)

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#26 » May 06 2015 04:23

I was lucky enough to receive an imperial knight from my gf (she doesn't know too much about my toys and didn't realise that I don't collect anything imperial, bless her, her heart was in the right place :) ).

This has lead me to the opportunity to do something I never thought I'd do. RIPTIDE CONVERSION !!!

So far I have the knight and a greater knarloc. My aim is to make a giant armoured kroot riptide but have no idea how to approach it. So I'm asking you, oh great fellow commanders, for any help/ ideas/ inspiration. :fear:

Jinkingriptide
Shas

Post#27 » May 06 2015 06:37

I think this is a brilliant idea, I was trying to do something like this a while ago but did not like the outcome and discarded idea. However if your doing something like this what if you made it look like a kroot a ripped off the helmet part and is now piloting the knight. As an alternative you could add the Knight bits to the knarloc and make it giant living gun platform.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#28 » May 06 2015 07:33

Hey T113,

Like what you've got cooking. I just read something about the Kroot and I was wondering what your thoughts are on how fast they can adapt/evolve. Do you think it's one generation or two? Or can the individual Kroot adapt?

As to your gf's fantastic gift, why not something like this:

http://www.wallpapervortex.com/wallpape ... UqyPNpViko
~Good Hunting

Return to “Common Workbench”