[WIP] Kroot Hybrid Army

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
T113
Kroot'Ui

Re: [WIP] Kroot Hybrid Army

Post#11 » Mar 13 2012 02:38

Yeah you're right about that but I would only be using the legs and I want to pick the legs that will match the beastmen legs, that I've used for the FW, as much as possible. I was also thinking about giving them a camo cloak or will that be too much?
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

devilfish12
Shas

Post#12 » Mar 13 2012 02:46

I think it might be a bit too much if the model will be on all fours as well, but if you decide to go the other way and make the models two legged I don't see why not man :smile:

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#13 » Mar 13 2012 03:38

I'm going to have to put some serious thinking in to this, I was originally going for a rogue theme with masks and hoods and stuff but I like the idea of them being on all fours. This is a head scratcher :P

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#14 » Mar 14 2012 07:37

Just thought I'd keep you updated on the very slow progress of my army, due to lack of job and funds this is going to take me longer to complete than I was hoping so I'll apologise for that now. So far I have done four FWs, I've decided to name them in case I ever get around to doing any writing about them. I've done some research and I think the name's I have given them will work but if they don't please let me know and I'll try my best to give them something better.
As seen above this is Kekeng
The new ones are Ant'ook
This guy has his hood back so you can get a better few of the helmet and visor combo that they wear.
This is Gnaron
He is only wearing the visor, again to show the different styles.
Lastly is It'Jex
I've realised that I've forgotten to put the visor around his neck but I left his face clear so that you can see the line in between his eyes to make them more Tau like

E'nigma
Shas

Post#15 » Mar 14 2012 09:35

Ooo cool names where you able to find out their names? It would really help me out will naming my kill team.

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#16 » Mar 14 2012 09:47

I couldn't find much to be honest apart from this http://forums.tauonline.org/tau/82111-kroot-names.html and the kroot codex, I tried to use sounds that sound tribal like and use 'clicky' sounds or words that make you pause in between syllables. Hope that helped, and that it made sense :P

E'nigma
Shas

Post#17 » Mar 14 2012 03:50

That actually helps out a lot thank you :D

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#18 » Mar 17 2012 09:40

@E'nigma - Glad to help mate :fear:

Finished another guy who I've named Tcht'aak, I thought I'd try a different pose to mix things up a bit :neutral:

devilfish12
Shas

Post#19 » Mar 17 2012 01:18

Looking good man, these kroot are really coming together...Must admit though I can't wait to see one of the high tech ones ;)
Keep on posting.

Devil :fear:

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#20 » Mar 18 2012 06:41

I'll get there eventually :P the 'techier' ones are going to be my next project. I looked at the Ghouls and they are way too small for me to use so I spoke to one of the lads there and he recommended me using the Chaos hounds

Return to “Common Workbench”