[WIP] Kroot Hybrid Army

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
T113
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Re: [WIP] Kroot Hybrid Army

Post#31 » May 07 2015 11:32

Thanks myrdin, glad you like them. To be honest I'm not happy with how the gun'a have turned out, I'm planning on swapping the arms and making my own with a sci fi bow and arrow that I've come up with. I want to try and make them look like cyber woodelves (but not Eldar like)
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

Myrdin
Shas

Post#32 » May 07 2015 12:11

That sounds like a good idea. ;) If I may suggest - I think crossbows would work even better for them. They got the "gun" hold, look "grim dark" enough, and you can glue on some techno gimmicks, bitz and whatnot to make them look all Predator style (Kukukukukukku... you now the sound he made :D ).

Plus - if you take a look at the Mounted Knarloc with that balista on his back - despite the permittivity of the weapon the design itself seems kinda.... "normal" for the Kroot. Thats where I am coming from :)

T113
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#33 » May 07 2015 05:14

Yeah I was originally going to do crossbows but I've always had a soft spot for archers, I'm going to use crossbows for my pathfinders though

T113
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#34 » May 08 2015 11:40

@ calmsword sorry I completely misread what you said :? . I think the speed at which a kroot mutates can vary depending on how much information they take into their DNA, this is my interpretation anyway. I like the idea of it being a big risk reward thing for them. So the more they take, the quicker they evolve down a certain path but this heightens the risk of them being stuck down that path.

T113
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#35 » Mar 05 2016 07:36

hmmmmmm well so much for trying to keep this thread updated :(. Progress has been stupidly slow plus life and the into silence stuff has took up a lot of my free time plus i have a new job which is sapping all the energy out of me, who knew that brewing beer took up so much energy, anyway i have 5 out of 6 "stealth suits" built all with greenstuff'd arms which took multiple attempts as I have next tono experience working with the stuff. I thought I'd share some pics of them before i ruin them by applying paint (Unfortuately i had already started on 2 of them before i took the pics) anyway C and C always appreciated ...
Front
Back

The poses may not make sense as they because i'm also doing custom bases which i will post up once they're painted up since they look like big green messes at the minute :)

Return to “Common Workbench”