[Project] Stuff from the Forge

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Re: [Project] Stuff from the Forge

Post#241 » Feb 23 2016 02:09

Do I see some Hulkbuster Iron Man arms there? :crafty:

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#242 » Feb 24 2016 10:57

Do I see some Hulkbuster Iron Man arms there? :crafty:

Yes, yes you do. Saw someone use them and liked the look. I hated most of the rest of the build, but the proportions seemed good on the arms. (Original design, this guy was not going the armed look. Just the armored canopy)
I ball knuckled the upper shoulder pad. and now all of the parts can change position. Magnets let all parts change place fast (So can go "The demon of T'aros" to vanilla Stormsurge in moments)

Color and camo will really take it to the next level. Pics soon.

I am back and forth on my shoulder joints to core. But I have designed myself into a corner for options though.
I really love the way the rockets can move on the should balls. A ton of dynamic options.

Battle report, the "The demon of T'aros" is a beast. I actually like it more then supremacy suit for a TAC list. (never would have guessed that)
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#243 » Feb 25 2016 09:09

Mild updates and a tan coat.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#244 » May 22 2016 06:48

Full magnet enabled and cockpit enclosed. This was how it looked when submitted for painting competition.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#245 » May 24 2016 11:18

Just finished another 4 month league tourney. (My greater good is on greater empty)
Notes:

- Tau are still a very much top tier army. I got first with my space wolf partner.
- Eldar, Demons, and Dark Eldar with Eldar are by far the hardest armies to fight.
- Tau Decurion is amazing.
- Supremacy Suit leaves and emotional scar that far out paces its actual damage.
- Stormsurges are way better then they look on paper.
- Raven commander is the only Tau commander.
- 5 man FW teams with turret are amazing.
- New flight wings are interesting.
- Eldar psy phase teleports bypass EWO

Going to play fun non-hard hitting stuff for a bit. Our league went a little to long on hard and heavy for most of our players.

Bloodknife92
Shas'Saal

Post#246 » May 25 2016 06:40

Vay wrote:Just finished another 4 month league tourney. (My greater good is on greater empty)
Notes:

- Tau are still a very much top tier army. I got first with my space wolf partner.
- Eldar, Demons, and Dark Eldar with Eldar are by far the hardest armies to fight.
- Tau Decurion is amazing.
- Supremacy Suit leaves and emotional scar that far out paces its actual damage.
- Stormsurges are way better then they look on paper.
- Raven commander is the only Tau commander.
- 5 man FW teams with turret are amazing.
- New flight wings are interesting.
- Eldar psy phase teleports bypass EWO

Going to play fun non-hard hitting stuff for a bit. Our league went a little to long on hard and heavy for most of our players.

Just to clear up my confusion, the "Raven" commander is the "buffmander" right? The one with C&CN, MSS, Drone Controller etc? I only ask because I would love to start calling my Commander a "Raven" Commander. It sounds infinitely cooler than buffmander.
The days of goodly English is went

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#247 » May 26 2016 08:32

Yes, there was a discussion a long time ago on new names for gear layouts by the community. The buffmander got the name Raven and I kept using it.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#248 » May 26 2016 12:43

Here is a good bit of dialog for it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20242

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Post#249 » May 26 2016 12:48

IIRC, the buffmander's 'official' title became Kingfisher while the Shas'vre carrying the M3S and CCN was called the Raven. To each his own though :)
Excellent job on the Stormsurge!

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#250 » May 26 2016 01:35

M3S and C2N with PEN is really the core of it.

For me the raven is always IRA, M3S, C2N, PEN

Minor adjustments based on mission or extra points.

Often a DC and ML drone can be added. This is common in Decurion.

Or my "3 Eyed Raven", 2 ML drones, DC, + Raven (GoT Ref)

Commsuit, Mark'O, Kingfisher, and Raven:

[4] Other Weapon Variations:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=20108&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Most three weapon configurations have gone un-named as they were usually unpopular before multi-trackers became standard. Naming is at the owner’s discretion except for one particular setup below:
Sunfire: Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + Fusion Blaster

The best suggestion is to use the names from section [1] in the order given. For example, an XV8 with a Flamer, Burst Cannon and Missile Pod would be called a 'Soulfirestorm', whereupon any twin-linking can be shown by apply the weapon number to the end '-#', such as 'Soulfirestorm-5' if the Burst Cannon was twin-linked. Four weapons are also possible on a Shas’o. As before, this is mostly down to the user to find an interesting name to befit the unique loadout.

It is possible to have no weapons at all on an XV8. In this scenario, the battlesuit is called a 'Supportsuit', although some Fio caste in the Coreward Marches call it a 'Commsuit'. A particular loadout where a Shas'vre possesses both a Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite and a Command and Control Node, is called a 'Raven'. A Shas'o with both a Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite and a Command and Control Node, is instead called a 'Kingfisher'.

Mark'O - If I remember was with more ML drones.

I Just never switched the named based on Vre vs O. It is a suit type name, not so much a pilot name.

Deathrains never switched from Vre to O...

Also, thank you for enjoying the Stormsurge!

Return to “Common Workbench”