[Project] Stuff from the Forge

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Vay
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project] Stuff from the Forge

Post#261 » Mar 02 2017 10:41

Grumble, Dal'yth sept and its dam Sept color... Got about 80% done with 1st layers and thought I remmebered something. No longer purple...

Research... grey/blue?

New codex has it in neon green?

Nope, keeping orc shade. Fenris grey as markings.

Dam color changes....

- Also cast 11 Turret bases... I will have to mod the drone tops and missiles later.
- Looking at Turret mag'ing
- 3 Septs Done

Vior'la, Sa'cea, T'au
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#262 » Mar 02 2017 11:14

New Teams:

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'La

Post#263 » Mar 03 2017 04:11

I love the idea that these 3rd party characters run in there own squad/merc groups.... It has got me thinking.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#264 » Mar 03 2017 06:34

Thanks!

It came as an idea as I have collected more and more 3rd party stuff. Felt like a natural fit.

- Tau assassins are in the works!

New squad to the work: Tau'N

Tael
Fio'O

Post#265 » Mar 05 2017 03:07

Great project idea; certainly keeps the painting lively and ideas for team leaders flowing :)

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'La

Post#266 » Mar 05 2017 07:40

To be fair I'm thinking of pinching this idea I'd already put Big Shas in a Breacher squad but I've not made my newly acquired models yet so I've not given them much thought until now.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#267 » Mar 06 2017 10:09

D'yanoi

This was an interesting case, I did not think I would like this septs color scheme. Then when I started to paint it, I noticed it was really neat and visually enjoyable. I am excited to do some XV systems in this scheme now.
These guys got some additions to show their rustic backwater ways. More of a mixed approach to gear and less focus on tactical armor standards. Each also has a functional wakizashi for their bonding ritual. The sept earth tones really fit this army. Be a neat force on a AGRA worl defense.

- 2 more Septs to go, then first phase is done.
- Fal'shia
- Bork'an

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#268 » Mar 06 2017 12:25

Exo-Tide Update: Playing a bit of Gothic while working on some stuff warmed my Tau'Va soul to the XV 46 (parts on table and theory building in works). But it also made me think of the Exo-Tide and how it would work great for boarding actions as designed. The Tau fleet can have modified mantas for bombing runs that carry XV-46 teams. Why not also drop 4 Exo-Tides off at the same time. The Tau assault boat role.

- Parts ordered. 3 women XV-46 team will be completed in 2-3 weeks. (Evil designer laugh) (Images of FW Zone Mortalis Battlefield)

Both Exo-Tide's I have are now in retrofit and update for this roll.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#269 » Mar 08 2017 12:00

- Circa 000.M42, Damocles Gulf - Hive City outer Ruins

Combined arms straight leg infantry unit garrisoned in the area muster in response to movement from the south. Initial sightings indicate a space marine rush through the vehicle graveyard on the mud flats. Tau forces move to secure the road.

Tau forces engage the space marines with extreme haste. Area support Orca H’tsaya’shaii: ‘Winds of Fate’ performed a high speed pod deployment on the battle front to the 1 Expansion combat team (5 man elites from accross the first expansion septs).

The Tidewall defense platform hummed to life and made way to close the bridge off. Vior'la and Sa'cea teams climbed on and hunkered down. It was about to get hot. Combined fires of pulse rifle and cork screw clouds of SMS started to pepper targets in range.

Space marine armor deflected a vast amount of incoming rounds. But battle brothers here and there buckled under SMS impacts or impacting pulse rounds. Breacher Teams Vior'la and Sa'cea shouldered the Tau defense line. It's ponderous movement taking them in to the jaws of the fight. Bolter rounds force spinning in all manner of directions as the barrier continued to provide life giving protection.

As the Tidewall closed off the main road, Breacher team commanders braced for close quarters. Above on the ruins, D'yanoi's team leader commanded the troop movements below. Pulse and SMS rained withering fire into the gap, but She knew the breacher teams would still be needed to block access to the ruins. "Tau'Va, and good hunting..." were her final words to the teams.

The Tidewall continued as space marines fell and wedged against it's tide. The breacher teams did not even notice the corpses stopping their movement as pulse blasters fired at full auto and the red glint of marine optics stared into breacher team visors. Point blank exchanges of full auto, grenade explosions, and break neck charges into the breacher position slowed time. Vior'La suffered near total loss and had to disengage, but Sa'Cea held.

Sa'cea's team leader kicked the space marine off the wall and himself as the mic bead chirped the all clear. The bridge held. Blood ran from both tidewall and bridge, but for the greater good they had won.

(Mission - 2 Eternal. Army rules: 500 all troops and fortifications. Space marine 4 Tac Squads and 2 Scouts. Tau 6 Strike teams, 2 Breacher teams, tidewall.)

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#270 » Mar 09 2017 11:45

- 5 man Elysian Guevesa team modified and based. Painted pictures soon.
- Desk needs orbital bombardment to clear away "work in progress"

Return to “Common Workbench”