[Project] Stuff from the Forge

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Vay
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project] Stuff from the Forge

Post#271 » Mar 10 2017 10:36

- 5 man Elysian Guevesa team modified and based.

1 painted in Dal'yth and Elysian colors from T'ros.

------------

Ground forces engage Nid'human hybrids. Ambushes took place all along the troop movement. 9Tau teams on foot. vs 12 5 man teams of the Genestealer Cult.

------------

Tau bio project Omega .... Two subjects identified.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Tael
Fio'O

Post#272 » Mar 11 2017 05:39

That marine battle was pretty rough for the Astartes - having to walk into that fire storm, ouch. Nice to see the defense wall in action though. Enjoyed the photos!

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#273 » Mar 13 2017 09:21

Tael
- It was a firefight for sure. Tau infantry vs most things I have tried them against are great. With Pod support, they are amazing. Genestealer cult got pulse murdered by them as well. Switching from other stuff to Kill Team GW campaign from the summer. I will be posting updates on that and gothic for a bit. Brain has gone crazy to re-fit my GW fleet and start smoking some ships to hulks.

--- Incoming transmission ---

Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan battle group transitioning from FTL to real space for refit and updates. Conflict has increased IVO T'ros and the Damocles Gulf. Preparing systems and crew for active defense of Tau space.

- 2 GW orbitals and a Merchant class vessel ordered from high command.

- Updated pattern for battle Group.

The Fleet: (So Far, Mantas and B-cuda's are in being built)

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#274 » Mar 13 2017 10:52

You can see it in the fleet pic, but I read a bit on the dorsal mount for the 3rd orca on the Explorer class capital ship. Based on ship layout, description, and fluff I picked to mod a dorsal mount where you see it on the pick.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#275 » Mar 14 2017 05:31

Awww Vay, super jealous.. nice collection right there.

Look forward to those fast paced firefights from Kill Team comp!

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#276 » Mar 15 2017 09:37

Finished enough for board killing...

Dal'yth's second squad is Guevesa Elysians from T'ros.
Armor is Elysian standard from T'ros with Dalyth additions.

Drop pod behind them is a custom support item for the Elysian's. One ground stabilizer, a modified SMS launcher, and designed to be packed into a Elysian heavy weapons drop case.

---

Thank you Tael,

In bound to add to it is a merchant, 1 more explorer, 3 GW orbitals, and a full cup of hope that I can get more BFG games in.

I love all of our BFG old articles. To build fluff heavy forces, there is such depth of knowledge to roll around in.
I also recommend BFG Armada, the video game. Their Tau fleets are very spot on to the FW line of ships.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#277 » Mar 16 2017 01:14

Tau assassin's Project so far...
Last two options for the other two got stopped for rebuilds.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#278 » Mar 16 2017 02:04

Great updates, interesting to see some paint on the alternate models. Always liked Elysians as a different Gue'Vesa to the usual Cadian varations. Nice work :D

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#279 » Mar 20 2017 10:08

Started some No Man's Land

Dalyth Kill Team - T'Ros Vets

First Fight was with imperial Fists, Break the line as defenders.

Here, AO's whole team dies and she fights off 4 imperial guard in a fierce battle to block thier advance.

Guevesa Elysians provided suppressing fire from across the ruins. Guides SMS shot neutralized key weapon emplacements.

Killed 2 full squads of Imperial Fist Marines (1 tac, 1 stern). Stern guard ammo cause 100% of casualties.

I lost (dead) A teasm standard bearer and 2 rifleman from A team. Also Sniper Ryan from B team. (4, 1 dead 3 wounded)

MVP - Team A's team leader, AO. Survived constant pinning fire, assault from 4 marines, and blocked rounds meant to kill her commander which ensured victory and prevented great loss. 3 Rounds of dedicated killing trying to drop her and her team. She was the linchpin.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#280 » Mar 22 2017 07:47

Liking that cammo all over again - nice force. Have to admit it, the Or'Es Gue'la turned out in good paint work too - always nice facing off with an equally well painted force.

Tight game, but nicely done Sir :)

Return to “Common Workbench”