Motivated by Shas'O Darklighter
This is a combo of my old design and his use of the smaller oval. I cast molded a oval with 12 washer discs embedded in the front arc. I then re-drilled and mounted the old tower/rod. The combined weight and off weight worked like a charm!
Here is it flying next to its Space Hulk raiding force.
Dam you overwhelming desire to build bases on this new weighted theory!
Orca is now "Hover" and flight stand enabled.
And deploying troops onto my table...
- Yes, it is oddly forward that you see the mounts for the flight stand. That is because the Orca is a BIG girl and carries all her weight in the front!
- Might have used Steel rods over Aluminum. Time will tell...
- Space for the drill points was lined up under the middle of the chairs. This gave me roughly .5 - 1 CM of drill space for the rods-seat.
- Base has 16 metal washers for weight in a I formation. Space was left at the "optimal" drill areas.
- Salt as a mold modifier did not go as envisioned. It looks like liquid plastic is mildly solvent with Salt?!? It did offer a mild surface "roughness" as intended.
- Drilling an Orca makes your soul bleed and until finished and working the sense of self loathing would not go away...
- Once in the air, Happy Tau Commander!