My cadre: The Shadowseekers

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Obunaji
Shas

Re: My cadre: The Shadowseekers

Post#11 » Feb 25 2016 03:50

The 'Rat Ogre into Krootox Rider' conversion looks amazing and hilarious! I would personally use the Ogres as Broadsides, but that just might be the idea of a rat Ogre dual-wielding missile launchers talking. :D I'm looking forward to seeing the conversions once they are painted.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Feb 25 2016 04:03

Your army has Hrud?! Whoa Hrud dude...RATS IN SPACE!

Very cool.

The TauMan Abides
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

oakreef
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#13 » Feb 26 2016 03:58

Actually, any suggestions for what to use as Kroot hounds? I figure something like gutter runners might do even though they don't really look like they'd be Beasts. There's also giant rats and Forgeworld rat wolfs though they seem a little small and a little big respectively and I'm not super committed to the rat theme for them. I mean they're filling the roles of dogs and it's not like dogs resemble humans very much. What other models (GW or otherwise) look like they'd be suitable as a Kroot Hound and fit on a 25mm base?

oakreef
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Mar 05 2016 04:25

TX79 Hammerhead Interceptor Gunship

A variant of the standard Hammerhead Gunship designed to lead frontline assaults. The open cockpit, combined with the the expanded sensor suite at the front of the tank, allows both the Tank gunner to swiftly react to all approaching threats and the commanding Shas'vre to coordinate Tau armour for the battle.

I may have went a bit overboard on my first tank. This is intended to represent my Longstrike model when I get a few tanks in my army. Model is of course just a Hammerhead with a Stormsurge cockpit on top, idea taken from Ironsky from this thread. Sensors at the front are from the squadron command frame sprue.

I'm not fully happy with how I've done the edges with greenstuff but I'm new to this and I think I did this as good as I could have. Still need the bits for the cockpit consoles to finish doing assembling the cockpit and put in the pilots. The axis the turret is turning on is just a large one of those cylinders that take up space in the sprues (not sure what they're called) with two bits of plasticard superglued onto it. I drilled a matching hole into where the Stormsurge's head goes to fit it.

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#15 » Mar 17 2016 04:10

I second modelglue on the cadre fireblade.
Thirded - XV15 are awesome. Love the Skaven conversions, I have wanted to give those a go as Hrud stand-ins, but been been far too lazy thus far. Liking the darker Sa'cea tones you use. Obviously I'm biased, but your TX79 is looking really good - You put me to shame, my variant is nowhere near that finished!

Return to “Common Workbench”