Alternative Fire Warrior (heavy conversion)

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Onos
Shas'Ui

Alternative Fire Warrior (heavy conversion)

Post#1 » Jul 13 2015 05:59

Hi ATT!!!

I'm here to post something new about my Cadre, in particular this is one of my converted Fire Warrior, it comes from a Greatcoat Trooper from Wargame Factory, with green stuff and milliput I've added a tauish armour, it could be a heavy soldier suit, something like XV17 Turtle! :P :P :P

What do you think? Feedback?
Last edited by Onos on Aug 30 2015 03:36, edited 1 time in total.

Gaveedra7
Shas

Re: Alternative Fire Warrior (heavy conversion)

Post#2 » Jul 13 2015 06:54

That looks really nice.

It fits with the aesthetic of your battle suits really well.

I might be tempted to try some pouches or equipment on the belt around the waist, but I'm not sure if that'd be too much...

Myrdin
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 14 2015 03:46

I must say I like this guy. Looks like some sort of a Desert environment trooper. The prolonged weapon has the feeling of being kinda cumbersome for a regular fight, instead it has that sniper rifle vibe going on.

Siyath
Shas

Post#4 » Jul 14 2015 04:43

I like it. Some nice basing and perhaps a small marking of contrasting colour on the rifle barrel and it'd be great. The Tau-parts' slightly oversized scale suits the model quite well actually.

ArttesThePerishable
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jul 14 2015 07:48

I really like this design! I've been pondering on a good Tau option to run as a Vindicare Assassin. I was considering a more axillary xenos for the job, but seeing this, I may have to mimic it! Awesome work! :biggrin:
Blood for the Blood God? No! Fire for my FireBlade!

imran_tauyab
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jul 14 2015 10:07

I like it too. I think it could be a next-gen enclave fire warrior.
Hailing from Sept Elsy'eir

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#7 » Jul 14 2015 10:18

Not a fan of the helmet (too square), but even that is improvement compared to kit.

As for everything else, simplicity and beauty. Mind giving a short guide for construction for those who wish to replicate it?

Shasfio
Shas'La

Post#8 » Jul 14 2015 06:48

Bravo sir, any chance you could set up a step by step and parts list for the next one?

Also is the back armor sculpted or is that just just a part I'm not recognising.

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Jul 29 2015 09:00

For Gaveedra7:
Thank you!!! In fact next firewarriors will have some equipments on their belts!

For Myrdin:
Thank you! Of course, they are Desert Troopers!!!

For Siyath:
Thank you!!! I've followed your tips and modified the colour of the rifle barrel!

For the others:
Thank you very much!!!!! For next Firewarriors I'm going to do a small explanation of the scratchbuilt of these troppers!

However this is a my Fireblade! If you want I can post some pics of first steps of scratchbuilding:

Feedback??? :fear:
Last edited by Onos on Aug 18 2015 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#10 » Jul 29 2015 04:07

First off I love the head :) and the shoulder pads.

The only complaint I have is that the torso is a tad too thick, personally I'd put a high collar/ gorgot on it but that's just because I think they look cool ;). All in all you have some great ideas, would love to see what you do for a dark strider.
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#11 » Jul 30 2015 10:42

I was thinking to a high collar, in fact it was the first idea, but at the end I've decided to hold this configuration! Maybe next warrior ;)

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Aug 04 2015 03:45

Hi all ATT!

News from Onos Industries Laboratories :fear: :fear: :fear:
First Firewarrior with last details added (Color changed on rifle and base):

Now I'm posting some pics of my Fireblade, I've completed him and changed his head (I didn't like so much his first head, so I've sculpted another):

As I said in previous posts, it's sculpted with a mixture of Milliput Terracotta and Green Stuff, the base on the scuplture is a Great Coat Trooper from Wargame Factory, head is scupted by me with Green Stuff and only left arm, right hand and feet are GW:

Head's details:

I've decided to paint his flesh with mustard hue and added a painted war mask with white and red tonality!

What do you think about him? Feedback?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#13 » Aug 12 2015 12:24

Great reinvention, amongst smart work - I have to critique that the chest plates need more definition about the torso armor on the big guy. :)

paulson games
Shas

Post#14 » Aug 13 2015 02:46

I like it, one minor critique is that the extended arm looks really rigid as there doesn't seem to be an elbow joint on the arm. Very nice paint job and really nice concept for the sculpt.
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Aug 18 2015 04:30

Thank you very much Tael and Paulson!!! :D :D :D

To Tael: I'm in accord with you Tael, armour of the Fireblade is too simple and minimal compared to GW Fireblade, I'm going to commit more on next Fireblades from other colonies ;)

To Paulson: Considering that is a prosthetic arm and the armour in that point is not completely rigid but composit and fits during the movement! I was convincing? :D :P Indeed this is the only explanation that comes to mind because during the sculpting I didn't think to this particular :sad: :P

Thank yu another time for your comments :) :) :)

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Aug 18 2015 06:51

New updates during following weeks, in the meanwhile.. What do you think could be?

You will find more informations about this miniature in my Project Log in following days!!!

Onos

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

Post#17 » Aug 21 2015 10:17

Only one of the coolest kroot carnivor squad conversation is what I think.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Aug 30 2015 03:46

Thank you very much Chris in the socal!!! It could be consider as a krootox or something similar!

After my last holiday I returned on Kor'Mahali Riders and completed my second rider. Bits come from Firewarriors sprue, barrel of the rifle is made with plasticard as its head, robe and armour instead is made with a mixture of Milliput Terracotta and Black.

Here a pic with my two riders completed, it miss only third rider.

Comments and feedbacks are welcome as usual :D

Return to “Common Workbench”