Stormsurge/hammerhead combo?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Mr. Oddity
Shas

Re: Stormsurge/hammerhead combo?

Post#11 » Oct 24 2015 10:36

Makes sense. Skimmers - doing what tracked tanks can't since (whatever edition skimmers first appeared)!

But yeah, having it as a fixed gun will look great. End model would make a great centerpiece. Good luck on the conversion when everything you need comes in!

Also, is this modelling-only, or are you planning on working out some rules for friendly games?

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#12 » Oct 25 2015 03:55

I mainly just do modelling, but when I do play it is friendly games, so a bit of both. I will probably use it as a hammerhead armed with either a pulse driver or pulse ARC (probably the pulse driver, as I think it looks better). I am going to work in some XV8 shield generators to counteract the threat of enemy sniper fire though.

Ironsky

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#13 » Nov 09 2015 03:18

...so I managed to get some Stormsurge bits...

Unfortunately no weapons yet, but I'm sure I will get my hands on some eventually.
I've made some initial cuts

Not sure about the cupola

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Ironsky on May 15 2016 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Aldarion
Shas'La

Post#14 » Nov 10 2015 09:46

this remind me the Swordfish vehicle

Training in clonetrooper training center BS3!, ja!

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El

Post#15 » Nov 10 2015 10:09

Ironsky wrote:... So I managed to get some Stormsurge bits ...

It looks far better, than I expected! ... It also gives a good understanding of the scale! (I think, the War-(hound)-fish would look amazing)

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Post#16 » Nov 10 2015 10:34

I am loving this. I attempted a R'varna hammerhead but it didn't end well. This is quite promising!

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#17 » Nov 10 2015 11:32

this remind me the Swordfish vehicle

Double railguns could work as the main armament! Still holding out for a pulse driver though...
It looks far better, than I expected! ... It also gives a good understanding of the scale! (I think, the War-(hound)-fish would look amazing)

Cheers! Yes I think scale-wise the war (hound) fish is definitely a viable option.

Thanks Da Skyman I am intrigued by the R'varna hammerhead, but couldn't find it with a quick ATT search, did you post pictures?

Ironsky
Last edited by Ironsky on Nov 22 2015 07:54, edited 1 time in total.

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Post#18 » Nov 10 2015 11:07

Don't have anything constructive to add to this thread other than that it looks amazing. Keep us posted on how this goes!

Mr. Oddity
Shas

Post#19 » Nov 11 2015 07:56

Looking excellent so far! I'm glad to see that you were able to get ahold of some of the bits for this build.

I don't think the cupola is a good fit for the model. It seems a bit too tacked on to me.

What are you thinking as far as gap sealing goes? Plasticard, putty, or something else?

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#20 » Nov 12 2015 02:13

Thanks Ell'ran!
I don't think the cupola is a good fit for the model. It seems a bit too tacked on to me.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. I am struggling with how to replace the Stormsurge heads. I am thinking XV8 shield generator in the position of the ancillary head, and maybe this for the main head?
(looks even more like a swordfish now)

Gapfilling will be a combination of plasticard and greenstuff. I'm hoping to get a lot of that done over the weekend.

Ironsky

Return to “Common Workbench”