Stormsurge/hammerhead combo?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Ironsky
Shas'La

Re: Stormsurge/hammerhead combo?

Post#21 » Nov 22 2015 07:59

Some initial gap filling done:

Still more needs doing, but I am taking a bit of a break with this project until I get more parts. Annoyingly I want to paint the interior before attaching the front of the armour, so I may have to do some final greenstuff work part way through the painting process.

As always I welcome thoughts and suggestions

Ironsky
Last edited by Ironsky on May 15 2016 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Ironsky
Shas'La

Now with rockets

Post#22 » Dec 14 2015 05:05

Now you see them

Now you don't

So I have managed to fit cluster rockets into this project. Now I'm struggling with where to put the destroyer missiles. So far I'm thinking either here

or here

Any suggestions?

Ironsky

Cluster Rocket How-To Guide
Last edited by Ironsky on May 15 2016 11:08, edited 2 times in total.

Redback
Por

Post#23 » Dec 14 2015 05:16

What about Missiles on drones and the AFP nose mounted?

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#24 » Dec 15 2015 01:04

What about Missiles on drones and the AFP nose mounted?

I had thought of drone mounted missiles, but (to my mind) the pods looked far to bulky for the standard sized drones. I had not thought of nose mounting the AFP weapon option, will definitely give that a go (with burst cannons, couldn't get hold of AFPs)!

oakreef
Shas

Post#25 » Jan 08 2016 04:18

I absolutely love the hammerhead with stormsurge top. I may have to steal this idea as a Longstrike-rule tank.

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#26 » Jan 19 2016 04:33

Thanks Oakreef! Yeah I'm feeling that way about Longstrike, cluster rockets would be very useful with extra overwatch methinks ;)

I have tweaked the position of the cluster rocket system, and added a serious amount more firepower

The Destroyer missiles have been mounted below the tank, as engine movement was not an option with them mounted on the doors. The flight stand hole has also been moved back by c.5mm to account for the extra length/weight

The main weapon option has been fully magnetised, following Warpath's fantastic Weapon Magnetised Option. I also magnetised the breach to facilitate transport with two 4x2mm magnets - its ugly, but can't be seen, and it provides a strong enough bond to pick the model up using just the Pulse driver cannon

At this stage I foolishly ran out of magnets. Pictures of the Pulse Blastcannon as soon as I get some more!

Ironsky
Last edited by Ironsky on May 15 2016 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

oakreef
Shas

Post#27 » Feb 28 2016 03:00

I hope you don't mind but I'm after stealing this idea somewhat (but using it in a slightly different way)

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#28 » Feb 28 2016 04:30

I hope you don't mind but I'm after stealing this idea somewhat (but using it in a slightly different way)
Of course not, I'm glad you like the idea (and may I say your take is looking very nice by the way)! I take it you still have a Longstrike pilot lined up?

Ironsky

Rabbitmachine
Shas

Post#29 » Feb 28 2016 06:13

I love the idea of mounting stormsurge weaponry on the hammerhead! I really prefer the tau tanks to massive battlesuits, and the stormsurge guns retrofitted on the hammerhead/devilfish body looks much more natural than the battlesuit itself. Really crafty idea! :biggrin: Keep up the good conversions!

IMO if the tau were really as smart as they're chalked up to be, they'd send a massive gunfortress into war on top of a fortified tank, not on two legs... :dead:

oakreef
Shas

Post#30 » Feb 29 2016 04:17

Ironsky wrote:
Of course not, I'm glad you like the idea (and may I say your take is looking very nice by the way)! I take it you still have a Longstrike pilot lined up?

Ironsky

I plan on just manning it with the normal Stormsurge crew (I have the bits for that already, but I forgot to get the consoles for the cockpits so I do need to get them) but then using this model as my Longstrike. Well, for the moment it's my only tank so if I get a game in (I finally found a local group to join!) I might just be using it as a normal hammerhead but the intent is that when I have a few tanks this one will designate the Longstrike tank.

Return to “Common Workbench”