Stormsurge/hammerhead combo?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Stormsurge/hammerhead combo?

Post#31 » Feb 29 2016 01:23

Thanks Rabbitmachine-
I really prefer the tau tanks to massive battlesuits
-Completely agree, especially since the weapons fit so well.

Oakreef- Ah I wondered if I could see a pilot sprue in the backround. I cannot get my hands on any pilot parts! :( - thinking at this stage either to model two XV02s in the cockpit or make my own using spare pathfinder torsos.
but I forgot to get the consoles for the cockpits
- Yep I was also fooled by that one initially, but I have those now.

Ironsky

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#32 » Mar 20 2016 02:23

Very slow progress on this project, but looking at the last images I posted I think you'll agree it has come on a long way!

Pulse Blastcannon is now in place, as are all the other weapon systems found on the Stormsurge (although the Destroyer Missiles are currently absent). I opted to use the twin-linked burst cannon from the Hammerhead kit through sheer lack of imagination
I prefer the inclosed look for burst cannons, and will make a copy of this when I'm finished with it

Weapons aside I have been slowly filling in a lot of ugly gaps, adding a few extra details

and generally tying to smooth things over ready for painting!

Any comments or criticism gladly welcomed, and hopefully more images soon.

Ironsky
Last edited by Ironsky on May 15 2016 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#33 » Mar 24 2016 03:19

A quick link to some of Lord Mayhem's work demonstrating an alternate way these two kits can be combined, this time as a walker named the Surgeosaurus. Enjoy!

Ironsky

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#34 » May 15 2016 12:04

Last few modelling posts I promise! The main hull has now been primed, so at long last I can soon make a start on painting. Not a huge amount of change since the last post:

The pilots and cockpit were painted in sub assemblies, and have now all been glued into position. Excuse my ugly use of milliput, greenstuff and liquid greenstuff, they give a very mottled effect, but all surfaces are now passably smooth.

The only other change I have made is to replace the standard flight stick with a sawn-off large flyer stem. Having had many problems with the regular flight stick in the past, I decided, what with the additional weight of this model that it would quickly snap. Ten magnets make for a good bond.

Ironsky

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Stormsurge/hammerhead conversion

Post#35 » Aug 23 2016 12:36

Completely forgot to post a finished picture. More pictures can be found here.

Ironsky

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#36 » Dec 22 2016 09:54

This is great!

Gonna be shooting you a PM for sure got so many questions!

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#37 » Jan 05 2017 01:20

Thanks Demorte! In a more public response to the PM there is a tutorial on fitting the Cluster rocket System Here

Return to “Common Workbench”