Scripting the new Tau units..

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Thudo
Shas

Scripting the new Tau units..

Post#1 » Dec 06 2015 09:43

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!

We're looking for the following dex/fluff experts to help script write the following Tau units recently released:

XV95 Ghostkeel
KV128 Stormsurge
KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour
XV85 Coldstar Enforcer-Armour Crisis Battlesuit Commander

We're a team of veteran modders specifically for Dawn of War 1 who work on various parts of projects to add in a considerable amount of new content to the game no one has or likely will ever do so. This is all done out of the love and art of War40k so its completely peace-meal. We're looking for community involvement to help us voice those top four new GSW/FW models as we plan in due course to put them in-game and need suitable voice lines for them based on our own voice template so as to organize and structure your writing.

Please PM me for details!

Thank you ATT community!
Last edited by Thudo on Feb 07 2016 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

Thudo
Shas

Re: Scripting the new Tau units..

Post#2 » Jan 27 2016 10:49

Following up with this one..

Any Tau scripting help would be absolutely stellar!

As a thank you here are some of our current progress just to show we're working on various major Tau items where your scripting efforts would be showcased:
[spoiler=]XV89 Crisis Battlesuit Team

Railgun Tanks

XV88-2 Broadside Battlesuits
ImageImage

XV9 Hazard Suits

XV104 Riptide

XV107 R'Varna

XV202 Mako Titan

Tiger Shark

Manta

Ion Cannon Turrets
Image[/spoiler]

Thudo
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 06 2016 02:12

Any interest from anyone here? Please PM me if you can assist. So appreciate any help we can get especially from those who know the Tau codex/fluff well.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#4 » Feb 06 2016 02:23

Thudo wrote:We're looking for the following dex/fluff experts to help script write the following Tau units recently released:

Who, is "We're"?

Nice models, but you would do better to explain your project to the community. I'm guessing this is for a RTS but I can't be sure.

Thudo
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 07 2016 12:59

We're a team of veteran modders specifically for Dawn of War 1 who work on various parts of projects to add in a considerable amount of new content to the game no one has or likely will ever do so. This is all done out of the love and art of War40k so its completely peace-meal. We're looking for community involvement to help us voice those top four new GSW/FW models as we plan in due course to put them in-game and need suitable voice lines for them based on our own voice template so as to organize and structure your writing. Thanks everyone!

Myrdin
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 07 2016 02:13

As much as I like what I see on the pics, I must say, when first opened I had no idea whats this topic about.
If you want more coheseve reply from people, or just want the viewer to take note in General, you need to give us (those who open this topic curiously with no idea whats it about) something to work with.
Id suggest Write the short intro - nothing special, if you want just copy past what you wrote in your last comment, and put it on top of the first one. So as when people open this and read the two first line can be like "Ah so this is whats this about, allright !".

Thudo
Shas

Post#7 » Feb 07 2016 03:23

I have edited my first post. ;)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#8 » Feb 07 2016 06:50

Hi Thudo,

Excellent modelling work on showcase; not quite sure how I missed this post originally, but time of year I can imagine.

Look forward to hearing more and reading about your present project status.

Thudo
Shas

Post#9 » Feb 07 2016 07:23

Thanks for your interest. We will update as we progress. ;)

Rajden
Shas

Post#10 » Feb 07 2016 10:50

I'm looking forward to see more on this. How much have you done other than these Tau units?

Do you have set goals and a list of what needs to be done and how to do it? :smile:
Better kill it fast before it lays eggs.

Thudo
Shas

Post#11 » Feb 07 2016 11:51

If you click on one of the above Tau units it will take you to the gallery where there are other pieces that have been done. I am going to send up more in due time as this is constantly influx. We seriously have some incredible talent in our community and we hope to have such talent on the writing side also to complement those four new additions mentioned in the first post. ;)

Yes we have goals and objectives but we're at the mercy obviously by unpaid artists who have done what you've seen on their off-times just because it excites them to build content not seen except in TT or the odd conversion.

Thudo
Shas

Post#12 » Mar 08 2016 10:26

Any community interest in assisting us here? Really appreciate it!

Isaac
Shas

Post#13 » Mar 09 2016 06:24

Are there still things you need models for, I have been 3D modeling for a few years and have started modeling some Tau units and would be keen to help out.
For The Greater Good :fear:

Thudo
Shas

Post#14 » Mar 09 2016 07:18

Now that is indeed a special offer! Whats your modelling app? Maya? Max? Blender?

Generally, the model has to conform to the standard workflow so it works in-game.

Isaac
Shas

Post#15 » Mar 09 2016 10:32

I have been using autodesk maya as a hobby for a while and here are some of my old Tau models (I did these a few years ago) Image ImageImage Image Image Image
And a bit of animation
http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/isaacparsons/media/bunkeropenpulserifle12_take1.mp4.html?sort=3&o=15 http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/isaacparsons/media/orcadropdeepstrikeflightlandunload_take1.mp4.html?sort=3&o=14
Let me know if there are any units I could model and any requirements

Thudo
Shas

Post#16 » Mar 09 2016 10:47

Yeah really loving those.. we're more concerned with the much newer TT models that came out in the past year as we have the ones from the past two done. Most of our modelling is done in Max as we have export tools to allow us to bring it into the game. I can certainly contact the team to see if you are interested?

Isaac
Shas

Post#17 » Mar 09 2016 11:07

So the new things like the XV95 Ghostkeel, the KV128 Stormsurge, the tidewall defence lines, the Sunshark/Razorshark, the KX139 Ta’unar supremacy armour and XV109 Y'Vahra. Models can easily be exported from Maya into Max to get them in game, just let me know

Thudo
Shas

Post#18 » Mar 10 2016 09:11

I certainly will! Thank you for offering your 3d skills Isaac!

Return to “Common Workbench”