Scripting the new Tau units..

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Thudo
Shas

Re: Scripting the new Tau units..

Post#11 » Feb 07 2016 11:51

If you click on one of the above Tau units it will take you to the gallery where there are other pieces that have been done. I am going to send up more in due time as this is constantly influx. We seriously have some incredible talent in our community and we hope to have such talent on the writing side also to complement those four new additions mentioned in the first post. ;)

Yes we have goals and objectives but we're at the mercy obviously by unpaid artists who have done what you've seen on their off-times just because it excites them to build content not seen except in TT or the odd conversion.

Thudo
Shas

Post#12 » Mar 08 2016 10:26

Any community interest in assisting us here? Really appreciate it!

Isaac
Shas

Post#13 » Mar 09 2016 06:24

Are there still things you need models for, I have been 3D modeling for a few years and have started modeling some Tau units and would be keen to help out.
For The Greater Good :fear:

Thudo
Shas

Post#14 » Mar 09 2016 07:18

Now that is indeed a special offer! Whats your modelling app? Maya? Max? Blender?

Generally, the model has to conform to the standard workflow so it works in-game.

Isaac
Shas

Post#15 » Mar 09 2016 10:32

I have been using autodesk maya as a hobby for a while and here are some of my old Tau models (I did these a few years ago) Image ImageImage Image Image Image
And a bit of animation
http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/isaacparsons/media/bunkeropenpulserifle12_take1.mp4.html?sort=3&o=15 http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/isaacparsons/media/orcadropdeepstrikeflightlandunload_take1.mp4.html?sort=3&o=14
Let me know if there are any units I could model and any requirements

Thudo
Shas

Post#16 » Mar 09 2016 10:47

Yeah really loving those.. we're more concerned with the much newer TT models that came out in the past year as we have the ones from the past two done. Most of our modelling is done in Max as we have export tools to allow us to bring it into the game. I can certainly contact the team to see if you are interested?

Isaac
Shas

Post#17 » Mar 09 2016 11:07

So the new things like the XV95 Ghostkeel, the KV128 Stormsurge, the tidewall defence lines, the Sunshark/Razorshark, the KX139 Ta’unar supremacy armour and XV109 Y'Vahra. Models can easily be exported from Maya into Max to get them in game, just let me know

Thudo
Shas

Post#18 » Mar 10 2016 09:11

I certainly will! Thank you for offering your 3d skills Isaac!

Thudo
Shas

Post#19 » May 17 2016 09:52

Following up with the community on those four characters.

Please PM me as we could sincerely use your help! ;)

Return to “Common Workbench”