Keep order for the greater Good

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Chris
Shas'La

Keep order for the greater Good

Post#1 » Feb 29 2016 11:18

Hello,

I have a problem with keeping all my weapons organized.

as I started collecting Tau, I magnetized my Crisis and some Broadsides, so I was able to swap weapons. With Fusion Blasters, Plasma Guns and all the other weapons, there where a lot of different weapons. From my Hammerheads I have those Burst Canons too and a lot of seeker missiles and even the weapons from the piranha are interchangeable. In the last edition of our codex came the weapons from the Riptide on top and now, with a Stormsurge and a Ghostkeel there are even more different weapons.

My question is: are there other members who magnetized their stuff? And how do you guys keep your weapons organized?

Can you give me some ideas? My little box is more than full.

Jochmann
Shas'Ui

Re: Keep order for the greater Good

Post#2 » Feb 29 2016 11:41

I can imagine getting this problem soon, too.

It may be worth to glue some magnetic foil in the top of the boxes. Or buy a compartment box like this:

Lord Mayhem
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 29 2016 11:46

Mostly I just throw the weapons in the foam compartment with the suit/vehicle. Since I don't change loadouts much it works pretty well.

If you only have a few of each item the daily pill organizers you can pick up at most stores work pretty well for small component storage; fairly cheap, variety of sizes, readily available. Small fishing tackle boxes can work well also

Ricordis
Shas'La

Post#4 » Mar 01 2016 07:07

I use the screw and dowel box from that blue-yellow swedish furnite seller.
White case, transparent cover, orange inlay (that's my army's colour scheme :D) and 9 compartments.
5€ per Box (includes screws and dowels).

But for my bits at home I use this. Sorry for it being in german, but the pictures should make it clear.

Rajden
Shas

Post#5 » Mar 01 2016 11:31

So far my weapons are in a litte box, it's a mess since the paint keeps chipping off.
I'm thinking I should build a dedicated box for the weapon load outs with metal lanes to put them on.
That way they will stay put and sorted as well as keeping their paint jobs crisp. :)
Better kill it fast before it lays eggs.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Mar 02 2016 03:04

Rajden wrote:So far my weapons are in a litte box, it's a mess since the paint keeps chipping off.
I'm thinking I should build a dedicated box for the weapon load outs with metal lanes to put them on.
That way they will stay put and sorted as well as keeping their paint jobs crisp. :)

If you're concerned about your paint chipping you should look into matte varnishing your models. Another option is to put them in foam or packing peanuts.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Return to “Common Workbench”