New Tau Crisis Suits Groin Extra Armour

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Spray & Pray
Shas'Saal

New Tau Crisis Suits Groin Extra Armour

Post#1 » Mar 20 2016 10:09

Pretty much as the tittle says, I recently purchased the new Tau Empire starting army box and only one of the 3 crisis suits has the part for the armour on the..ahem manhood area of a crisis suit. It is part 71 on the sprue. Can't for the life of me find the other two! Do the new crisis teams only come with just the one or am I missing something? Only the one bonding knife on the sprues as well, but everything else seems in order, although I did notice an extra set of leg armour on the sprues.

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: New Tau Crisis Suits Groin Extra Armour

Post#2 » Mar 20 2016 10:26

If you look at Stage 4 of the instructions, that part is used in the construction of the iridium armor suit. This being the case, it's sensible there is only a single codpiece because you can only make one suit of iridium armor (it should be also noted that whenever there are multiples of a given piece, the instructions tell you how many are in the kit).

Raverrn
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Mar 20 2016 11:08

Yeah, it's just a part to make a bulkier Shas'vre suit or to bulk out and differentiate other suits.

Spray & Pray
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Mar 21 2016 07:07

Ah right, cheers!

I thought on the box art it looks like they are all wearing the protective gear for their prized parts, so figured the sprues came with more then one. Pity as they look better with them in my opinion!

Return to “Common Workbench”