My fellow kindred!

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
T113
Kroot'Ui

My fellow kindred!

Post#1 » Mar 28 2016 11:20

Does anybody know anywhere that I could acquire some Krootox heads?

I'd prefer to avoid buying the whole model as it would be a waste. I've searched the usual places - ebay, bitzbox, google - but haven't had any luck. I'm a little under qualified to attempt to make my own casts and since I only have GW stores and warhammer world available to me I can't get away with using none GW products :( .

Is there any other bitz sites the deliver to the UK or are there any other products in the GW/ FW line that look krootish that i could use?

Thanks in advance for any help.
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

Mal'Caor
Shas'Ui

Re: My fellow kindred!

Post#2 » Mar 29 2016 04:45

I believe the Krootox models now come with both head variants, although they're still enough like hen's teeth that you'll find few people willing to part with the extra. I've made a Greenstuff head-copy by way of a very basic two-part mould using Oyumaru. It came out well with only a little cleanup, so it would be well worth having a go at it yourself before dismissing it out of hand - it could be that you're better at it than you think!

T113
Kroot'Ui

Re: My fellow kindred!

Post#3 » Mar 30 2016 08:11

Thanks for the help Mal'caor

have you got any pics of how did the cast of the head you could share? I'd prefer to see some examples before I give it a go :)
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

Return to “Common Workbench”