Ethereal conversion to Tau rogue

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
metaphiston
Shas'Saal

Ethereal conversion to Tau rogue

Post#1 » Mar 29 2016 06:26

HI all,

I am converting the Tau Ethereal that comes with the Start Collecting Tau Empire boxed set to a rogue duelist, and I want him to have dual pistols. Not a 40K game model, but I didn't need another ethereal, and didn't really like the model, so I wanted to make something cool with it.

I have already added one arm and a breacher head, and am slightly stuck as to how to proceed with the second arm. I'd like him to be staring down the barrel of a second pistol, but none of the arms I have seem right (those that come with the fire warriors/breacher team set), as none of them protrude straight out.

After adding the arm, I'll also add a knife and perhaps a backpack (probably a breacher backpack with a kroot equipment sling beneath it so he looks more like he's been out in the field.)

Pics below:

This is the model I'm converting

And this is where I am so far

themoogle
Shas

Re: Ethereal conversion to Tau rogue

Post#2 » Mar 30 2016 01:54

You could cut up some arms? I did that with my fireblade. Ive not looked into the new breacher/strike team boxes yet, is there a left arm holding a gun? then you could cut at the bracelet and green stuff together with parts of another straight arm?

I love the conversion so far and it makes me want to open up the breacher boxes and kroot box I have :)

Look forward to see the final result.

metaphiston
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Mar 30 2016 04:59

Thanks for the tip themooggle. There wasn't a left arm holding a pistol, but in my pathfinders spares I had an arm which I attached the pistol to (I still have to add a tiny bit of wire to the bottom of the grip). My friend is going to give me a speck of his green stuff to complete the join, at the moment it's held in place with white tack so I could check how it will look - and I am pleased with it.

I will add the front tassle, but to keep him uncluttered I may not give him a backpack at all, to keep him looking slim and uncluttered.

I think he is a fire caste bodyguard for a water caste envoy, with his pistols diplomatically concealed beneath his robes - but ready to draw at a moment's notice.

themoogle
Shas

Post#4 » Mar 31 2016 01:23

Love it. It really does look like a bodyguard/guardian from Destiny type of thing. or like a Tau version of a cleric from equilibrium

Ricordis
Shas'La

Post#5 » Mar 31 2016 05:21

All Tau need more robes/mantles! :D

As long as you work on it: The Symbol on the chest stands for the ethereal caste. Maybe you want to change it too?

metaphiston
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Mar 31 2016 05:47

Ricordis wrote:As long as you work on it: The Symbol on the chest stands for the ethereal caste. Maybe you want to change it too?

Ah! Good point! I hadn't thought about that. I wonder if I could replace this with a fire caste symbol taken from an armpad, I'll experiment with that later.

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#7 » Apr 01 2016 08:46

metaphiston wrote:
Ricordis wrote:As long as you work on it: The Symbol on the chest stands for the ethereal caste. Maybe you want to change it too?

Ah! Good point! I hadn't thought about that. I wonder if I could replace this with a fire caste symbol taken from an armpad, I'll experiment with that later.

Maybe, if you have fairly steady hands and have a small file, you could just smoothen the current symbol into a circle?

themoogle
Shas

Post#8 » Apr 01 2016 08:51

or maybe greenstuff some rounder edges ?

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#9 » Apr 19 2016 11:34

Any progress on that miniature yet? I seriously consider to make something similar for my Darkstrider even though i like the original model. :D

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#10 » Jun 01 2016 05:49

Nice, can't wait for the paint job! :D
'Snipers, ready, ready.....'

Return to “Common Workbench”