Spider Broadside

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Tanno
Shas'Saal

Spider Broadside

Post#1 » May 13 2016 04:17

This is a quick conversion from a Necron Wraith

And here is a closer angle

And another

Oppinions people

Agent00abe
Shas'Ui

Re: Spider Broadside

Post#2 » May 13 2016 04:27

Heh I don't know if you've played or even seen the steam game battleborn. But your conversion here reminds me a lot of the sentries in that game. :p
I'm usually not a fan of heavy conversions.
And to be honest with you I'm not sure I like yours as a broadside.
HOWEVER. Judging your model on its own I absolutely love it. Looks amazing. Keep up work like that :)
Does this Railgun make me look fat?

Myrdin
Shas

Post#3 » May 13 2016 05:42

The idea is not bad, however the style of Necrons does not really fit in the theme of this oppinion. A bit more bulkier, Mechwarrior-ish is what I have in mind. The thin pointy legs just don't feel right.
However for first attempt at conversion like this its not all that bad, but as said above - I would maybe consider a different type of hull for the base of the model.

BabaGanoosh
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » May 13 2016 10:03

I like the basic concept of a quadruped-style suit, but I think you'd be better off using more tau-compatible parts.

You should take a look at using the waist+leg joints of broadsides and other related suits, and attaching those side-by side.

I did a vaguely similar project a while back using a riptide torso as the core of the suit: Breakwater battlesuit

I think you'd want a different orientation, but you could definitely accomplish a squatting spidery posture using a bunch of waists and legs from tau suits.

Rathstar
Shas'La

Post#5 » May 13 2016 10:04

I like the idea, but I think you need to make it more bulker and add bits to make it look more Tau rather than Necron.

I would recommend putting two High Yield Missile Pods on the top rather than just one, and then also changing the front by adding something like a Stealth Suit or Ghostkeel head.

Still a nice conversion, and something unique for your army :)

Rathstar

Return to “Common Workbench”