cyclic ion blaster

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Varyn
Shas

cyclic ion blaster

Post#1 » May 28 2016 07:01

Hi everyone

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I couldn't find anything so I thought I'd make my own enquiry.

I am interested in making a crisis team equipped with dual cyclic ion blasters but I am really struggling to find suitable weapons to represent them. I love the paulson energy blasters but it seems as though they're no longer in production. I've got 1 blaster from the new commander kit and 1 old finecast one from another commander kit. The ion blasters never seem to be in stock on bits websites or on ebay.

Does anyone know of any suitable alternatives? or any (relatively) simple conversions which look good?

I can't understand why GW would make this an option for crisis suits, but only produce 1 gun on 1 kit in the entire tau range.

Thanks for reading

Raverrn
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: cyclic ion blaster

Post#2 » May 28 2016 07:08

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » May 28 2016 08:15

I am in the same boat. I can't find them online anywhere. I would trade quite a bit of stuff for two more of the new plastic CIBs.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » May 28 2016 08:19

Aye. I love the cyclic ion blaster on my crisis but I sure as hell don't want to buy 6-7 commander boxes just to equip a 3 suit unit with them. Every good alternative is very welcomed.

Varyn
Shas

Post#5 » May 29 2016 04:25

Raverrn, as far as I am aware, Paulson isn't making them at the moment, they are unavailable on the link you've posted.

paulson games
Shas

Post#6 » May 31 2016 11:38

I just restocked on them, enjoy :)
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » May 31 2016 11:48

Is there any other good CIB alternative known?
No offense to paulson games but i don't really like the front part of that one. Which wouldn't be that much of an issue but with the added shipping costs to germany it's just too much out of my way.

paulson games
Shas

Post#8 » May 31 2016 12:00

I've seen people use a press mold and greenstuff to make their own, also conversions using Ion Rifles barrels from the fire warrior box. Outside of lots of hunting on ebay those are probably the most common options.
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » May 31 2016 12:23

Mh i have no experience with using a mold press but i gonna take a look at the Pathfinders Ion Rifles (guess you meant those since the Fire Warrior only have Pulse weaponry :) ). Thanks for the suggestions.

Firenze
Shas

Post#10 » Jun 12 2016 12:13

I personally use the head end of an Ion rifle with the flamer body, and cut the barrel in half and file it smooth. Looks reasonable.

Glassjaw
Shas

Post#11 » Jun 12 2016 05:46

Firenze, do you have an image of the conversion you'd made?
dakka dakka dakka

Return to “Common Workbench”