Sculpted Insectoid Auxiliaries

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Onos
Shas'Ui

Sculpted Insectoid Auxiliaries

Post#1 » Jul 08 2016 12:53

Hi ATT,

Has been a long time from the last time I've realized a sculpted auxiliary model.

I've decided to use as base model for the design of my auxiliary models Vespids, in fact I wanted to realize an insectoid alien race.

This is the model:

These are the wings of the other two models:
And the chests:

This first model is without helmet, showing its insectoid head and it is posed on the ground, the other two models instead will fly and will wear helmets.

What do you think?

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Re: Sculpted Insectoid Auxiliaries

Post#2 » Jul 08 2016 01:01

Wow, the models look great! :biggrin:

I've thinking of modeling a new set of Vespids for a long time, so I was intrigued to see what you were working on.

The Tauman Abides
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jul 08 2016 05:41

Well it looks more alien and far better than GWs vespid by far but I think I'll stick to the converted fire warrior with jetpacks instead.
Gonna keep watching this thread nonetheless though. ;)

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jul 10 2016 11:26

Onos you have me excited about another project. Keep t up can't wait to see them painted.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#5 » Jul 11 2016 11:05

Holy Aun - thats a freak.. I mean, welcome addition to our ever diverse and expanding auxiliary element.

Any further progress of late?

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jul 30 2016 08:38

Thank you so much for your nice comments TauMan, Panzer, Chris in the socal and Tael!!!!

Tael wrote:Any further progress of late?

Unfortunately the other auxiliaries are dimembered in a box.. R.I.P. :-(

News from insectoids: this evening I'm going to finish their "feet" and helmets, and maybe also their weapons! This is the actual result:

What do you think?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#7 » Jul 30 2016 07:13

What do you think?

Going to need a bigger can of bug spray.

They look great, and suitable "Whoa..!" if they were thrown at your army. The long limbs really sell the concept.

Onmyou
Fio'Ui

Post#8 » Jul 31 2016 02:57

Very inspiring work as always! Might I ask, what material did you use for the wings? I've been looking out for a way to replace the bulky Vespid wings, without success. Your wings come very close to what I had in mind.

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Jan 16 2017 07:18

To Tael: Thank you so much Tael!! Glad to see that a great creator of auxiliaries like you likes my bugs!!! :D

To Onmyou: Thank you so much also to you Onmyou!! Of course, the transparent part of the wings is made with transparent book cover, it has the right hardness and the perfect roughness to realize an insectoid wing, and the upper part is made with putty!

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Feb 03 2017 07:02

Hi to all ATT!

I've finished the sculpting work on the first moster (I've completed also the left hand with the weapon) and yesterday evening I've started the painting work.. this is the result:

For the armour I've used the same ocre that is the base of my cadre, only red misses, but I use it for the helmet, so you will see it on the other two models. For the skin of the alien I've used a chromatic passage from purple to orange (with predominance of the first) and I've painted also small spots to the darker side in order to add more reality to the final product. For the kitin exoskeleton in the middle of the limbs I've used a mixture of brown and purple and I've highlighted with purple and white.

What do you think?

Critiques and comments are always welcome!

OnIn - Onos Industries

kak'ray
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Feb 03 2017 06:48

That is amazing modelling and paint skill, nut it's not helping me paint my remaining 6 Vespids. I know want one's like yours. Stunning.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#12 » Feb 07 2017 02:52

Wow, great choices for the carapace scheme. Solid work!

Onos
Shas'Ui

Post#13 » Feb 15 2017 05:54

Thank you so much kak'ray an Tael for your comments :) :) :)

Finished the painting of the first alternative Vespid model I've started the second model. This time the color scheme is based on a darker tone of purple with more emphasis in lighter spots on the skin. The carapace is a mixture of purple and black with highlights in light purple.

Comments and critiques are always welcome!

OnIn - Onos Industries

Tael
Fio'O

Post#14 » Mar 05 2017 03:18

Apologies man, 2017 has become a very hectic year.

I do like this extra detailing, adds a lot more life to the models and really buys into their insectoid origins. My Naga troops look alright, but when I added a mottled skin tone and spots, brought them to life.

Return to “Common Workbench”