Bio-enhanced Ghostkeel

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
polymphus
Shas

Bio-enhanced Ghostkeel

Post#1 » Jul 10 2016 01:24

The way of the Tau is not dogmatic; nothing is forbidden in the pursuit of progress, nor should it be. If it fails, then one man is lost. If it succeeds, many more are saved. I will give my life for the greater good, if I am called to.
- Shas'vre Mal'caor

Biocatalyic agents are able to stimulate rapid tissue growth in the severed appendages up to six hours post-mortem. The Tyranid tissue adheres to the metal to such a degree that it is unable to be removed with causing catastrophic damage to the battlesuit. Potential combat applications are unclear. Voir'la Earth Caste unlikely to approve - suggest keeping the project quiet until further field testing can prove its combat utility.
- Fio'vre J'karre

Mucking around with a bunch of Tyranid bits I have lying around, trying to create a Tyranid-hunter Ghostkeel. I'm very intentionally going for a Samurai look, in keeping with the suits' original design philosophy.

Additions:
- lash whips/tentacles connecting both arms to the jetpack
- bone spikes on both the calves and heels, large bone spike on the right shoulder
- slashing gauntlet on the left arm
- upsetting little bio-bayonet on the fusion cannon
- crest made from a bonesword
- neurothrope spine as a battlestandard thing: thinking about hanging a flag of it
- battle damage all over the armour - mostly claw marks

Obligatory theme music

polymphus
Shas

Re: Bio-enhanced Ghostkeel

Post#2 » Jul 16 2016 09:45

Painting is still very much WiP, but I'm happy with how the yellow is looking

Battlesuit armour is going to be a richer blood red, while the tyranid bits are going to be an off-beige (my 'nids with the same chitin are here)

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jul 16 2016 09:55

I have to say, with the paint job, I can see the diversity going on with the model. Very interesting direction and has a anime feel from evangelion, in my opinion- good stuff!
~Good Hunting

polymphus
Shas

Post#4 » Jul 17 2016 03:56

Thanks! Another update: red armour is looking a little flat but the mini is coming along.

Raverrn
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jul 17 2016 10:10

Drill those barrels! :P

polymphus
Shas

Post#6 » Jul 21 2016 07:41

Raverrn wrote:Drill those barrels! :P

I want to, but I have a problem. Not sure if I should give it its own thread or not, but my drill is broken. It's a medalist mini hobby engraver. When I turn it on, the chuck spins once or twice, then stops. It's second-hand and it was working fine when I got it, but it abruptly stopped working after a few days.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Jul 22 2016 12:50

Did you cut a lot of resin? Try clearing the exhaust if its got one, probably some kind of jam.
~Good Hunting

Return to “Common Workbench”