[Challenge 2016] Research and Development

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
chris13f
Shas'Saal

Re: [Challenge 2016] Research and Development

Post#81 » Sep 28 2016 06:45

What's the link for? Do I need to do it since I have already submitted my entry?

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#82 » Sep 28 2016 11:11

The link is just to download the contest resources. Your entry fit all of the requirements so you are all set.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#83 » Sep 29 2016 03:11

To be fair I don't even think I'm using the right browser or email client for it to ever work looking at it today.... Any chance I can get a blank Data sheet layout that I can just edit my self?

EDIT:

I've worked it out I'm just very rusty with how modern file sharing works! I've got the files now and just need to work out how to put it all together for submission... I feel like I've just won a war!

Rathstar
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#84 » Sep 29 2016 10:23

Deadline approaching fast - anyone getting nervous like me ?

Even cutting my painting short to meet the deadline, I've still got to finish the white on three models, and then flock, static grass and base edge on all 6 models. Once done photography is required for 2 pictures for the unit entry.

Busy night tonight !

Rathstar

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#85 » Sep 29 2016 12:26

Ok I have my entry all done but how do I enter it! I know it says to PM Agentarrow but how do you attach a file to a PM?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#86 » Sep 29 2016 01:02

You could always just upload it on some file sharing site and give him the link i guess.

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#87 » Sep 29 2016 01:37

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:Ok I have my entry all done but how do I enter it! I know it says to PM Agentarrow but how do you attach a file to a PM?

I uploaded mine to Google Drive, then copy and paste link to the PM.
For the greater good!

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#88 » Sep 29 2016 02:09

I don't know how to use google drive... The only way I know how to move information around involves email or WeTransfer... That also needs an email address to send to. I don't use any of the cloud services and I'm a little stuck with what to do!

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#89 » Sep 29 2016 03:20

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:I don't know how to use google drive... The only way I know how to move information around involves email or WeTransfer... That also needs an email address to send to. I don't use any of the cloud services and I'm a little stuck with what to do!

Really easy, create a Gmail account if you haven't already, Google Drive will be linked to that account, upload your saved file to it, then right click it to share options that allow whoever have the link to DL; then simply copy and paste the link to the PM.
For the greater good!

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#90 » Sep 29 2016 04:04

It's not going to happen... I will not create a 101 different accounts for things I'm not going to use more than once. It makes a digital trail all over the place and leaves people wide open to fraud and hacking.

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#91 » Sep 29 2016 04:33

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:It's not going to happen... I will not create a 101 different accounts for things I'm not going to use more than once. It makes a digital trail all over the place and leaves people wide open to fraud and hacking.

Gmail is quite good actually, I totally understand that you don't want to create a million accounts and forget the passwords; you can replace an existing secondary email that you don't use often; or ask for one of the mod's email via PM and send it as a attached file.
For the greater good!

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#92 » Sep 29 2016 04:36

Yeah I was hoping one of the event staff/mods would contact me with an email address to send my entry to... I'll pester them individually tomorrow if I've not heard anything back by then.

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#93 » Sep 29 2016 05:50

Rathstar wrote:Deadline approaching fast - anyone getting nervous like me ?

Even cutting my painting short to meet the deadline, I've still got to finish the white on three models, and then flock, static grass and base edge on all 6 models. Once done photography is required for 2 pictures for the unit entry.

Busy night tonight !

Rathstar

6? I got just one done, and without any terrain in the area to get a good picture so the background is lousy cardboard.

At least it's a battlesuit so a team of 1 is legal (at least homebrewing legal)

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#94 » Sep 29 2016 11:07

Entry send. Hope get to you Arrow, sire! :::(

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#95 » Sep 30 2016 12:39

Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see all the entries!

Kalten
Fio'La
Fio'La

Post#96 » Sep 30 2016 01:31

I have also submitted my entry. Good luck to everyone!

boomwolf wrote: 6? I got just one done, and without any terrain in the area to get a good picture so the background is lousy cardboard.

There are many things around a house that can be used for makeshift scenery in a pinch. Naked metal cans can double as containers or silos, and bushes or potted plants as jungle or forest background. If you are a little bit competent with photoshop or gimp, a white background can be used as a chroma to add some custom background. It's a shame you have cut it so close, or I would have given you some tips.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#97 » Sep 30 2016 03:13

Kalten wrote:I have also submitted my entry. Good luck to everyone!

boomwolf wrote: 6? I got just one done, and without any terrain in the area to get a good picture so the background is lousy cardboard.

There are many things around a house that can be used for makeshift scenery in a pinch. Naked metal cans can double as containers or silos, and bushes or potted plants as jungle or forest background. If you are a little bit competent with photoshop or gimp, a white background can be used as a chroma to add some custom background. It's a shame you have cut it so close, or I would have given you some tips.

That reminds me of the heady days of plying on the floor on my old flat. Using old video tapes as mountain ranges and canyons and bottles/cans of pop on boxes to make industrial complexes... Man the good old days!

My entry has also been sent just awaiting confirmation... Fingers crossed it's all formatted ok!

Rathstar
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#98 » Sep 30 2016 05:52

boomwolf wrote:
Rathstar wrote:Deadline approaching fast - anyone getting nervous like me ?

Busy night tonight !

Rathstar

6? I got just one done, and without any terrain in the area to get a good picture so the background is lousy cardboard.

At least it's a battlesuit so a team of 1 is legal (at least homebrewing legal)

My entry is only infantry, so 6 is not much :)

EDIT: I just PM-ed a link to my entry however the PM is just sitting in the Outbox and not transfering to the Sent box. - Panic over, it just means it hasn't been read yet (helps if I just search the forum :( )

Return to “Common Workbench”