SniperTau's Tash'var Cadre WIP

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
SniperTau
Shas'La

SniperTau's Tash'var Cadre WIP

Post#1 » Aug 21 2016 06:20

Welcome
This is to be the log of my progress as I construct my Cadre and it's background. I have decided on a scheme which reflects a swampy, underbrush-covered
environment. The first fully painted model is this Stealth suit:
The green is castellan green, highlighted with loren forest. the tan is steel legion drab, and the red is khorne red highlighted with evil sunz scarlet.
(red highlights may be hard to see as the photo was taken on my phone)
the metallic colours are boltgun metal with a coat of ironbreaker over the top.

Comments welcome! :D

Tau'va!

materpillar
Shas'La

Re: SniperTau's Tash'var Cadre WIP

Post#2 » Aug 21 2016 06:59

I'm a sucker for stealth suits. They're easily my favorite unit, so seeing new ones always makes me happy. I really like the fist pump of victory pose you've got there. Also, I like your color scheme overall, but does it blend together too much at a distance? You might need some brighter contrast colors, although that might just be the photo not doing the highlights justice.

Your photo is a touch out of focus (your camera focused on the wood right behind the model), which makes it harder to make accurate assessments on what you're doing well and what could be improved. I'm excited to see more though. Also, super curious to know what fluff you're going to write up for your army.

[Edit]: If you're going for swampy, you might want to consider adding some ferns/moss to the rocks at the base. Right now that strikes me as more mountainous than "swampy, underbrush-covered"
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 54-18-8

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#3 » Aug 21 2016 07:26

@materpillar:
I will be adding moss and grass, but have a limited time at home each night because of homework.
will try to take photos with a real camera soon.
Also, I like your color scheme overall, but does it blend together too much at a distance?

Aren't they Stealth suits? :D on the other suits there are larger areas of tan and smaller of green. for my scouts/close assault units (breachers, pathfinders, stealth suits) the scheme is inverted. vehicles also feature prominent areas of green.
Have some fire warriors and crisis suits as well as the rest of the stealth suits painted but he was the first. Almost got hammerhead finished too. stupid hover base snapped off, so have had to glue it to the hammerhead with some extra supports :(

Tau'va!

EDIT: by other suits I mean crisis suits.

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#4 » Aug 29 2016 05:03

Finally done some more units. Much nicer photos too.
So, without further ado, here is my army, pretty much all basecoated:

Strike team:
and Shas'ui:
Breachers:

My only non-broken crisis suit :sad: :
Hammerhead/Skyray (turret is unglued):

I also bought a razorshark and commander and those are on the assembly line.

Tau'va!

Return to “Common Workbench”