Need a 3D modeller to help with 2d designs!

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
chris13f
Shas'Saal

Need a 3D modeller to help with 2d designs!

Post#1 » Sep 28 2016 10:23

I'm looking for a 3D artist to help my 2d come to life. My PC continues to crash my 3D Max so I'm stuck. Let me know if your interested. Obviously we can figure out some compensation.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Need a 3D modeller to help with 2d designs!

Post#2 » Sep 28 2016 10:43

I would say to try another 3D software (just because I am a Blender user for 16 years...).

What kind of 3D works you need, could you share more infos, like:
You want to bring a drawn design to 3D ?
You want to refine a 3D model from a low-poly with detailed textures ?

You may have better luck on 3D forums than Tau. And if you want to print the model, try Shapeways "Hire a designer" forum, you will have more proposal.

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 28 2016 11:26

Yeah I hate blender I can't even make it work for me. Long story short I've drawn a few basic things. I'm hoping to get them printed so I can make a master mold. I'm afraid shape ways will cost a fortune to hire someone there.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#4 » Sep 28 2016 01:09

chris13f wrote:I'm afraid shape ways will cost a fortune to hire someone there

Have you tried ? You may be happily surprised of the price if the model is simple. And you can compare designer offers to negociate.

chris13f wrote:Yeah I hate blender I can't even make it work for me.

I know, its workflow don't fit anyone... As for me, I never understood Max and Maya system as intuitively as Blender.

chris13f wrote:Long story short I've drawn a few basic things. I'm hoping to get them printed so I can make a master mold.

Could you share an example for people like me or other to look at ? Nothing critical, just to see what amount of work you ask.

joc-wi
Shas

Post#5 » Oct 10 2016 10:26

Might I ask for a look at these drawings and what you thought fitting as a "compensation"?

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Oct 10 2016 10:49

I have a few design ideas. I am looking to make an aircraft that shares similar properties to the razorshark hull but larger than a barracuda. So approx 8" my blog has a couple hand drawn pic under the project gallery. I can upload more when I get home.

joc-wi
Shas

Post#7 » Oct 14 2016 08:22

The drawings are tighter than I expected. Those would definitely be usable.
Yet: Why would you want a new design when it is so similar to the existing ones? Different weapons?
I like the details on front of the rump. But other aspects move more in the direction of a common plane. Might you be interested in introducing some new, interesting design-features instead? What about a double-rump? Asymmetry? Unorthodox wing-designs? Inspiration from the movement of animals?

I am intrigued what you might come up with.

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Oct 15 2016 02:11

I actually have a whole notebook worth of designs. Ranging from expiremental to mission oriented. Even have a smaller Orca style transport that I would love is as a community get behind and find it so we could all get something like the orca (bit smaller and more affordable) since the fw orca is OOP

Return to “Common Workbench”