[Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.

Poll: Please vote for 2 entries based on the rules criteria

Poll ended at Oct 09 2016 11:01

Entry #1: The AX39-1 Houndshark
11
9%
Entry #2: The Dari Hunting Team
4
3%
Entry #3: TX-145 and TX-153 A.I. Jetbikes
8
7%
Entry #4: The Kroolexus Assassin
4
3%
Entry #5: Commander Farsight (on foot)
3
3%
Entry #6: The AY27 Moonfish
14
12%
Entry #7: The Sol'ai Pioneers
22
19%
Entry #8: The Aklên Warmaster
1
1%
Entry #9: The Mako XV-111 Commander Battlesuit
5
4%
Entry #10: The Kroot Pechodactyl Rider
6
5%
Entry #11: The Tau Defense Hub
9
8%
Entry #12: The Firesight Incursion Team
7
6%
Entry #13: The Nagi Advisor
6
5%
Entry #14: The XV83 Cyclone Battlesuit
4
3%
Entry #15: The Moray Tactical Gunship
10
8%
Entry #16: The XV87 Warden Battlesuit
4
3%
Total votes: 118

User avatar
materpillar
Shas'La
Posts: 129

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#41 » Oct 05 2016 11:38

Tanno wrote:
materpillar wrote:I was trying to judge that by my convertion rating. Anything in the "C" range I figured I could do. Basically anything with a "B" I could guess what the bits were, but I'm pretty sure it was above my skill level to actually make effectively. Anything with an "A" I couldn't really even guess it was so well done.


Well, I am thankful for the feed back but I defiantly need more practice

also if you would not mind i will pm you which one is mine and if you would like to have a guess at the parts used ;)

I'm game.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 52-16-8

User avatar
Harlequin2
Shas'La
Posts: 174

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#42 » Oct 05 2016 03:32

materpillar wrote:Welp, finished my rather extended write up of my opinions of all the entries.


Thanks for taking the time to review all the entries. I'd love to have a more in-depth discussion about each one (best to do it after the voting closes). In particular, I was a bit pleasantly surprised by your review about my entry. If you like, I can tell you how I made it over messaging like Tanno offered to.

Either way, I'm very willing to discuss my entry after the voting and how I converted it, if anybody's interested. Personally, I'd love to see a budding Fio improve on what I've done. ;)

User avatar
TauMan
Shas'Ui
Posts: 399
Contact:

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#43 » Oct 05 2016 06:30

Just voted but I wish there we had been allowed three choices, because couldn't vote for my top three choices.

Also I didn't vote for my entry either, because the two ones I picked were much better than mine. :sad:

All in all a great effort by everyone!
After this is all over there will be Project Log started for my entry. (Sorry no photos while I was doing the project.) However I intend to show the parts I used and how I converted them. I will keep going on the project continuing with another couple of prototypes and rules refinement.

Not bad after not having built, painted or converted any model for two-and-a-half years! And that's after cataract surgery too! :P

The TauMan Continues...

Edited to conserve anonymity (though that's perhaps a moot point now)
>>--AA-->
They made me Shas'Ui? What were they thinking?
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

User avatar
Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Posts: 1594

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#44 » Oct 05 2016 08:54

Hello all,
It was brought to my attention today that the TX-145 and TX-153 A.I. Jetbike datasheet was not the most up-to-date version. I have replaced the link to its datasheet in the original post with an updated version.
If you considered voting for the TX-145 and TX-153 Jetbikes, but did not due to a typo or other issue, please review the new datasheet.
For the next 2 days I have opened re-votes for those who have already voted once. If you wish to adjust your vote for any reason, you may do so now.

DKzDK
Shas
Posts: 5

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#45 » Oct 05 2016 09:12

Excuse me. I do not meen to be brute and interrupt,
But I wanted to ask a question or two.

To the Creator of the;

TX 145 &153 Jetbikes.

Is there any possibility of a picture or angle/look of;
the drone Tow-dock(with or without drone)

I'm very intrigued that you had the same base idea I also had in mind, and wanted to see how you achieved your result.

Continue this conversation by PM please,
in-depth discussion may be posted after voting has ended.
>>--AA-->

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'La
Posts: 790

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#46 » Oct 06 2016 04:36

Hm I don't see what has changed for the Jetbike entry and the points why I didn't give it my vote are still there...so yeah nothing changed for me.
I probably wouldn't have changed my vote anyway because a deadline is a deadline and I don't like the thought that one might have worked on it after reading the comments since that would've been unfair to the other entries.

User avatar
materpillar
Shas'La
Posts: 129

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#47 » Oct 06 2016 06:37

Panzer wrote:Hm I don't see what has changed for the Jetbike entry and the points why I didn't give it my vote are still there...so yeah nothing changed for me.
I probably wouldn't have changed my vote anyway because a deadline is a deadline and I don't like the thought that one might have worked on it after reading the comments since that would've been unfair to the other entries.

I believe he sent one link, changed a couple of things and then sent an updated link (all before the deadline). Yet the earlier link was the one used.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 52-16-8

User avatar
Ironsky
Shas'La
Posts: 133

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#48 » Oct 06 2016 12:35

chris13f wrote:I kind of wish the voting was hidden it's killing me lol


Well it is now, as my vote count seems to have gone in reverse. While I understand why this has happened, in future could the vote count be hidden until the results are in? This is slightly disheartening.

User avatar
boomwolf
Shas'La
Posts: 1567

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#49 » Oct 06 2016 01:17

Agentarrow wrote:Hello all,
It was brought to my attention today that the TX-145 and TX-153 A.I. Jetbike datasheet was not the most up-to-date version. I have replaced the link to its datasheet in the original post with an updated version.
If you considered voting for the TX-145 and TX-153 Jetbikes, but did not due to a typo or other issue, please review the new datasheet.
For the next 2 days I have opened re-votes for those who have already voted once. If you wish to adjust your vote for any reason, you may do so now.



I don't assume you are open for a typo fix then? (a number mistake on my entry from 3+ to a 2+ spun it into insanity)

I knew I had little to know chance of taking any prizes with my rush job on the model itself, but its rather sad to know that this typo holds me down in the rules section as well.

User avatar
Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Posts: 1594

Re: [Voting] Challenge 2016: Research and Development

Post#50 » Oct 06 2016 01:29

boomwolf wrote:
Agentarrow wrote:Hello all,
It was brought to my attention today that the TX-145 and TX-153 A.I. Jetbike datasheet was not the most up-to-date version. I have replaced the link to its datasheet in the original post with an updated version.
If you considered voting for the TX-145 and TX-153 Jetbikes, but did not due to a typo or other issue, please review the new datasheet.
For the next 2 days I have opened re-votes for those who have already voted once. If you wish to adjust your vote for any reason, you may do so now.



I don't assume you are open for a typo fix then? (a number mistake on my entry from 3+ to a 2+ spun it into insanity)

I knew I had little to know chance of taking any prizes with my rush job on the model itself, but its rather sad to know that this typo holds me down in the rules section as well.

Not exactly. Like you, the entry had a last-minute update before the deadline, but I accidentally posted the wrong one. We just corrected with a version which was posted before submissions closed.

Ironsky wrote:
chris13f wrote:I kind of wish the voting was hidden it's killing me lol


Well it is now, as my vote count seems to have gone in reverse. While I understand why this has happened, in future could the vote count be hidden until the results are in? This is slightly disheartening.


The only way we could hide the votes would be if they were submitted by PM rather than an open poll. I prefer the transparency of an open poll, a private submission just strikes me as a suspicious method even if it is completely honest.

Panzer wrote:Hm I don't see what has changed for the Jetbike entry and the points why I didn't give it my vote are still there...so yeah nothing changed for me.
I probably wouldn't have changed my vote anyway because a deadline is a deadline and I don't like the thought that one might have worked on it after reading the comments since that would've been unfair to the other entries.

The update was made before the deadline, I just posted the wrong one by mistake.

Return to “Common Workbench”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests