Alternative free image hosting site suggestions

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Alternative free image hosting site suggestions

Post#1 » Jul 04 2017 08:03

Hey guys. So photo bucket just updated their terms of usage and are no longer able to let free user post images to forums or blogs. :( So now I'm on the hunt for a new image hosting site. My only requirement be that it's free. Any suggestions? Links would be appreciated as well.

Czar Ziggy

Ps. I was looking into upgrading my account as all my images are there, but their only plan that allowed 3rd party hosting was $500 a year. Nope.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Alternative free image hosting site suggestions

Post#2 » Jul 04 2017 08:12

One option I found when I ran into problems with Photobucket a short while ago was Google. If you upload images to a Blogger page, you can then copy the image URL (open the image in a separate tab to get the URL) and paste it into the IMG code on here, and the image will be posted.

Of course, the catch is that you need to have a functional blog to upload them to, but it shouldn't be too hard to set up a throwaway blog if you only want somewhere to upload pictures on.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 04 2017 08:21

Imgur for sure. Never failed me and is easy to use.

I always hated photobucket. Not as use but as someone who clicks on photobucket hosted images because he thought they might open in a higher resolution but instead it just opened that slow ass site of photobucket. So the more people leave photobucket the happier I am. ;)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jul 04 2017 08:37

Panzer wrote:Imgur for sure. Never failed me and is easy to use.

I'll second this. Imgur is great.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jul 04 2017 08:49

For quick stuff, I use this:
https://postimages.org/

I only use Imgur when I want to create an album of pictures I'll want to see later

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#6 » Jul 04 2017 08:50

Arka0415 wrote:
Panzer wrote:Imgur for sure. Never failed me and is easy to use.

I'll second this. Imgur is great.

Ha, my wife just told me that as well. Looks like I'll be doing that when I get home tonight. Shame about the 8+ years worth of project logs and such.

Czar Ziggy

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#7 » Jul 04 2017 09:03

I have just been hit with the photobucket extortion racket for a new plan costing 399$ (P500) to do 3rd party hosting too. I will not be taking them up on their kind offer and am in the process of downloading all my photos to my hard drive after which I will be closing my account.

Luckily I am a member of Bolter and Chainsword who have their own image hosting system so I will be using that.

Advanced apologies for all my previous photos vanishing but I will be slowly working to replace them....

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Jul 04 2017 09:07

Another alternative is Flickr.com, fast and easy to use. Only bugbear is that the BBcode it hands you is way more than is needed.

Both links in my signature for examples ;) (shameless plug)

Joe5952
Shas

Post#9 » Jul 06 2017 10:58

It's a good thing I only got photobucket last week and all the pictures I have in it are just on my phone. It is a real pain that now they want to charge you just to look at pictures people have put up. Thanks for that post images sight, it looks like it's really good.

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jul 18 2017 04:47

I created an account on Imgur. Im not sure how I go about posting an image from there to here. Can someone give me some guidance please. Explain as you would to a 6 year old:)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jul 18 2017 06:09

sunspear wrote:I created an account on Imgur. Im not sure how I go about posting an image from there to here. Can someone give me some guidance please. Explain as you would to a 6 year old:)

Rightclick on the image, copy image address, paste it here between the image tags. ;)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Jul 18 2017 06:15

sunspear wrote:I created an account on Imgur. Im not sure how I go about posting an image from there to here. Can someone give me some guidance please. Explain as you would to a 6 year old:)

Post the image on imgur. Go to your profile page, click an image, and then copy the direct link on the right-side panel. Then, paste it into ATT. Once pasted in, highlight the link and hit the "Img" button above the text entry field. Hit submit, and boom, picture! Here's an unrelated picture of a WFB Cannon to show it's possible:

Return to “Common Workbench”