XV8 build instructions step 4?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

XV8 build instructions step 4?

Post#1 » Jul 25 2017 04:41

So I recently aquired the Tau Start Collecting set and was building the XV8's following the instruction booklet. And the search here (XV8+build+instruction) didn't find anything relevant.

Now there is a division between the XV8's and the Bodyguard suit, but all follow the 1-6 steps.
But ending at 3 it then says jump to 5, while step 4 doesn't have any clarifying text above it for what it supposed to be.

Step 4 does want to make a some what alternate build for 1 suit. With different legguards, shoulderpad, cruch pad, a bigger front end torso plate. And now my most confusing part a smaller helmet with just 1 atenna.

What is this build trying to represent? First I thought maybe the XV8 Shas'vre but there are already some additional options for that within step 3.

In the end I just grabbed some of those parts to create my Shas'vre with the normal helmet and somewhat more special antennae as described in step 3.

Still this question boggles me
Last edited by StealthKnightSteg on Jul 25 2017 05:05, edited 1 time in total.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: XV8 build instructions step 4?

Post#2 » Jul 25 2017 04:57

StealthKnightSteg wrote:So I recently aquired the Tau Start Collecting set and was building the XV8's following the instruction booklet. And the search here (XV8+build+instruction) didn't find anything relevant.

Now there is a division between the XV8's and the Bodyguard suit, but all follow the 1-6 steps.
But ending at 3 it then says jump to 5, while step 4 doesn't have any clarifying text above it for what it supposed to be.

Step 4 does want to make a some what alternate build for 1 suit. With different legguards, shoulderpad, cruch pad, a bigger front end torso plate. And now my most confusing part a smaller helmet with just 1 atenna.

What is this build trying to represent? First I thought maybe the XV8 Shas'vre but there are already some additional options for that within step 3.

In the end I just grabbed some of those parts to create my Shas'vre with the single helmet and somewhat more special antennae as described in step 3.

Still this question boggles me

I don't have the instructions with me currently, but I think what you are describing are the bits that are supposed to represent the Iridium Suit.
A more durable, hard to produce, Crisis battlesuit (A signature system that gave +1T and 2+ armor in 7th) but less heavy&clunky than the Broadside battlesuit.
The only problem with that description always was that in fluff the Iridium Suit was supposed to not have any additional armor plates but rather have a special alloy that makes it more durable. So it wouldn't look any different than regular Crisis Suits.

Just use those bits for whatever you think fits. Some use it for their 'Vre because it makes him look noticeably different than the rest of the unit. I use it for my flamer suit unit (still need to get two more :P ) to make them look more brutal and close range orientated.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 25 2017 05:05

So this iridium suit is something from 6th ed or earlier (I have no knowledge from that period and only minor from 7th but can't recollect it from then)?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 25 2017 05:07

StealthKnightSteg wrote:So this iridium suit is something from 6th ed or earlier (I have no knowledge from that period and only minor from 7th but can't recollect it from then)?

As I mentioned, it was in the 7th ed codex.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jul 25 2017 06:28

Panzer wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:So this iridium suit is something from 6th ed or earlier (I have no knowledge from that period and only minor from 7th but can't recollect it from then)?

As I mentioned, it was in the 7th ed codex.

apparently I skipped reading after the "and 2+ armor.. " :-?

szeszej
Shas

Post#6 » Aug 23 2017 01:10

I used step 4 in the instructions to make my Shas'vre. This way they're visually different from the other models.

Return to “Common Workbench”