Transport of Larger Models

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Transport of Larger Models

Post#1 » Jul 31 2017 10:28

How do you tranport your models of a little larger scale like Ghostkeels and upwards?

I got the big transport case from GW and it is great for Infantry Models en mass. No doubt.
But for anything else...well...I wouldnt recommend the case for any T'au or I am to stupid (or frightened) to use it correctly.
Space Marines, Dreadnoughts, Tanks...the case would be perfect for these sturdy and/or boxy things.
But our models with their fins, antennas, staffs (Ethereals), long legs and arms...even all the drones with their height due to the flight stands. I simply don't know how to put them in there without wasting too much space and the need to buy a second or third case.
Are there cases out there which are more T'au-friendly?

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: Transport of Larger Models

Post#2 » Jul 31 2017 10:39

Ricordis wrote:How do you tranport your models of a little larger scale like Ghostkeels and upwards?

I got the big transport case from GW and it is great for Infantry Models en mass. No doubt.
But for anything else...well...I wouldnt recommend the case for any T'au or I am to stupid (or frightened) to use it correctly.
Space Marines, Dreadnoughts, Tanks...the case would be perfect for these sturdy and/or boxy things.
But our models with their fins, antennas, staffs (Ethereals), long legs and arms...even all the drones with their height due to the flight stands. I simply don't know how to put them in there without wasting too much space and the need to buy a second or third case.
Are there cases out there which are more T'au-friendly?

I custom build foam on thick cardboard that fits a rolling case I have. I can store 5 hammerhead/devilfish chassis, 2 piranhas, 6 tetras, 20 crisis suits, a riptide and a stormsurge. Works great for me and hav ea small case for infantry minis.

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 31 2017 12:40

Battlefoam makes good cases. So does KR Multicase. Both companies have foam inserts with cutouts for standard Tau units, but even those can be problematic if you have models with very dynamic poses. I know Battlefoam actually has a way for you to submit custom shapes that they will cut into trays for you.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 31 2017 12:42

Putting strong magnets under the base and strong magnet sheets/metal plates in your case works good as well. That's what I'm doing. ^^

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Jul 31 2017 07:19

CDR_Farsight wrote:Battlefoam makes good cases. So does KR Multicase. Both companies have foam inserts with cutouts for standard Tau units, but even those can be problematic if you have models with very dynamic poses. I know Battlefoam actually has a way for you to submit custom shapes that they will cut into trays for you.

Try Sabol cases. Their foam is cut into blocks so you can custom-fit your models by picking out the foam blocks. It works really well.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 01 2017 04:47

Panzer wrote:Putting strong magnets under the base and strong magnet sheets/metal plates in your case works good as well. That's what I'm doing. ^^

This :)

I use it in just normal plastic "tupperware kinda like" boxed. with some of the bigger boxes I also plated the sides with rubber sheeting so I can stik even more models in. Though carrying the box is less convienent and I would not recommend it for taking it in to a plane unless you fill all the gaps with foam also.

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Aug 01 2017 12:24

Battlefoam also has pluckfoam inserts as well. Not sure about KR.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

pilky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Aug 05 2017 12:45

I swear by KR Multicase for all my armies. They have a very flexible system of trays and cases to fit most T'au models

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Aug 05 2017 01:46

Magnets.. Very strong magnets

Return to “Common Workbench”