Start Collecting disappears in the US

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Start Collecting disappears in the US

Post#19 » Aug 19 2017 03:02

Oh snap! I really hope that this is indeed just a repackaging case.
These were exactly the sets I was planning on purchasing next and now they are beign withdrawn is sorta worrysome.
Is there any way of confirming what is going on or will GW just ignore the question regarding these changes?
Cheers!
Nix

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Aug 19 2017 03:17

Also to the re-packaging, notice how GW tends to give units only the options that are in the box lately? Could mean that either Crisis lose access to CIB and AFP or maybe (hopefully but unlikely) we'll get CIB and AFP bitz in the Crisis box. ;)

nix0n wrote:Oh snap! I really hope that this is indeed just a repackaging case.
These were exactly the sets I was planning on purchasing next and now they are beign withdrawn is sorta worrysome.
Is there any way of confirming what is going on or will GW just ignore the question regarding these changes?

You can try asking them via facebook or mail, but it'll most likely get ignored because it would reveal something about their future plans.

Nooch'un
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Sep 04 2017 11:33

Well I got the newly packaged start collecting box, I dunno if this was a mistake or not but it's a good one. It says 10 fire warriors but there are actually 12 in the start collecting box now, don't know if it was that way before but yah enough for 12 fire warriors or breachers if you have two extra bases or can get creative.

They are getting repackaged from what I guessed was the name changes to the dark elder and Ig.

Edit: No CiB or AFP in the kit for the Xv's
https://imgur.com/user/SpiltNooch
(Elsy'eir Sept Honour Division) [WIP]

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#22 » Oct 04 2017 06:21

Nooch'un wrote:Well I got the newly packaged start collecting box, I dunno if this was a mistake or not but it's a good one. It says 10 fire warriors but there are actually 12 in the start collecting box now, don't know if it was that way before but yah enough for 12 fire warriors or breachers if you have two extra bases or can get creative.

They are getting repackaged from what I guessed was the name changes to the dark elder and Ig.

Not sure how I missed this post here but would you kindly elaborate on having "two extra fire warriors out of the box".
So you actually could build two extra complete fire warriors (with the same helmets as the rest of the 10-man squad) minus the bases? How is that possible? I doub that GW squeezed two full sets of fire warrior (striker/breacher) parts into the pre existing sprues by mistake. Did these two fire warriors come in another sprue?
Also how do you destinguish the old packaging from the new repackaging? What exactly has changed? I would like to hear more details.
Cheers!
Nix

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Oct 04 2017 06:39

nix0n wrote:
Nooch'un wrote:Well I got the newly packaged start collecting box, I dunno if this was a mistake or not but it's a good one. It says 10 fire warriors but there are actually 12 in the start collecting box now, don't know if it was that way before but yah enough for 12 fire warriors or breachers if you have two extra bases or can get creative.

Not sure how I missed this post here but would you kindly elaborate on having "two extra fire warriors out of the box".
So you actually could build two extra complete fire warriors (with the same helmets as the rest of the 10-man squad) minus the bases? How is that possible? I doub that GW squeezed two full sets of fire warrior (striker/breacher) parts into the pre existing sprues by mistake. Did these two fire warriors come in another sprue?
Also how do you destinguish the old packaging from the new repackaging? What exactly has changed? I would like to hear more details.

Maybe he counted just the torsos. If I recall correctly there are 12 torsos and 10 legs/arms/etc in the box.

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#24 » Oct 04 2017 08:35

Panzer wrote:Maybe he counted just the torsos. If I recall correctly there are 12 torsos and 10 legs/arms/etc in the box.

Extra torsos in the new repackaged box you mean? Be specific guys! This is important! :D
Cheers!
Nix

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Oct 04 2017 08:46

nix0n wrote:
Panzer wrote:Maybe he counted just the torsos. If I recall correctly there are 12 torsos and 10 legs/arms/etc in the box.

Extra torsos in the new repackaged box you mean? Be specific guys! This is important! :D

lol no. I'm talking about the old one. Afaik nothing changed in the SC! box.

Axioma_TAU
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#26 » Oct 05 2017 12:37

Panzer wrote:Also to the re-packaging, notice how GW tends to give units only the options that are in the box lately? Could mean that either Crisis lose access to CIB and AFP or maybe (hopefully but unlikely) we'll get CIB and AFP bitz in the Crisis box. ;)

Hi!! Space Marines Razorback's box doesn't have the twin assault cannon inside, but they can use it in their codex. Your point is not always true.

Maybe we don't have enough CIB models in our boxes (only in Commander box), but I think that we won't lose the CIB choices in our next codex. (I hope that) :)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#27 » Oct 05 2017 12:59

Axioma_TAU wrote:Maybe we don't have enough CIB models in our boxes (only in Commander box), but I think that we won't lose the CIB choices in our next codex. (I hope that) :)

This would be awful. Potentially likely, but awful. Release an index, make everyone scramble, scrounge, cast, re-cast, bid on, and trade for CIBs, then take them away. I know quite a few people who would not be happy about that.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Oct 05 2017 01:16

That post of mine became irrelevant with the Death Guard release anyway.
Plague Marines have a ton of options as well and not nearly enough bitz to equip them without mixing loadouts (also only 7 models in a box that costs as much as the 10 model Rubric box but that is something for another topic).
So yeah, extremely unlikely that anything about our Crisis box is going to change unfortunately. :nice:

Return to “Common Workbench”