Help identifying this color mix palette?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
PuppetMaster
Shas

Help identifying this color mix palette?

Post#1 » Aug 22 2017 06:52

I've seen the curved rectangular colour mix palette in the picture below in WarhammerTV on youtube that I liked, can't find it :(

Anyone know what product it is?

thesnailmaster
Shas'Saal

Re: Help identifying this color mix palette?

Post#2 » Aug 22 2017 07:44

Looks like the palette that GW supplied, I had a check on the UK site and couldn't see it on there anymore.

Honestly its just a small bit of plastic with some dimples, wouldn't be hard to find a cheaper/better product.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Aug 22 2017 09:07

There are many similar products out there. Here are the results of a Google Search for Plastic Paint Palette.

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 23 2017 01:08

Looks nice, but if you want a really good palette then you should look up how to build a wet palette (it's really simple and there are tons of videos showing how to do it on youtube).

PuppetMaster
Shas

Post#5 » Aug 23 2017 05:49

Thanks for the appreciated feedback :)

I am familiar with the options but I fell for the looks and the size was perfect. I have a folder with photos of viable options but none has struck a cord with me.

I plan to either 3D-scan it or model it myself, do a few specific changes and print it in ceramics/porcelain. The square GW underlay as reference makes it rather easy to model similiar dimensions but I find it great to hold something and would save a test print phase.

Will contact GW & see if I can get my hands on one, if you stumble on a link where one can order it or what they called it, let me know! :)

I am the sort of person using clinical surgery tools when preparing the models :? I like things in specific ways.

EDIT: Solved, got one reserved I will pick up later this week, thank you for identifying it for me :)

Hoob
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Sep 15 2017 12:12

I'd definitely second the wet palette recommendation, it makes a huge difference.

Return to “Common Workbench”