Can you attach a spare Hammerhead turret to a devilfish??

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Can you attach a spare Hammerhead turret to a devilfish??

Post#1 » Sep 23 2017 06:43

I'm about to buy two devilfish APC units, and I have a Ion Cannon left over from one of my hammerheads. Is it possible to fit a devilfish with a ion cannon. I don't mean haphazardly. I mean, are the two models simular enough in connection design to allow a devilfish to be turned into a hammerhead without altering either the devilfish model or the hamerhead turret. I mean, they look so simular...
Igne vir renovatur integra

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Can you attach a spare Hammerhead turret to a devilfish??

Post#2 » Sep 23 2017 07:00

They are the same models.
The difference is that the Devilfish comes with a nose turret and without the top turret where you attach the weapon. So you would have to get the actual turret bit from somewhere else still.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#3 » Sep 23 2017 07:02

Yes you can. The devilish hull is the base for all three tanks. (Devilish, hammerhead and skyray. ) It will fit.

Czar Ziggy

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Sep 23 2017 07:07

If you assemble a Devilfish without gluing on the cupola or the Burst Cannon, and buy a Hammerhead turret & the Targeting Array on eBay, you can easily make a TX chassis that you can use as a Hammerhead or as a Devilfish.

To make a Devilfish, pop in the cupola and attach the Burst Cannon to the front. To make a Hammerhead, pop in the Rail/Ion turret and attach the Targeting Array to the front.

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Sep 23 2017 06:19

Thanks guys!!!
Igne vir renovatur integra

Return to “Common Workbench”