Do any of the human heads look alright when converted to Tau?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
seven324
Shas

Do any of the human heads look alright when converted to Tau?

Post#1 » Sep 28 2017 02:09

I'm wondering if converting any of the heads from a human model (E.g. Fantasy Empire or W40K guardsman) wouldn't look too bad if they were converted to Tau. The nose, ears, lips and hair are things Tau don't have, but they don't seem like they would be too much trouble to sort out (although it really depends on if from a model with a lot of hair) along with adding the forehead slit the Tau have.

I don't really remember seeing anyone do it before, does anyone have any examples, or is it something that just wouldn't really look right?

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Re: Do any of the human heads look alright when converted to Tau?

Post#2 » Sep 28 2017 03:09

Noon. You should look for Tael's work. He used ungor heads from WHFB. He should be here around in the orbital ;)

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#3 » Sep 28 2017 03:22

Human heads are difficult to convert properly into Tau and they will look weird without ears and nose because they still have too much human features (I don't remember the link to the pics I've saw with these guards heads conversion)

I tried, before GW gives us new female head, to create a Tau female head, and the closest shape and "alienesque" enough model I found to use is daemonette heads (my conversion : http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21372&hilit=ethereal+female). I tried to convert some plastic female heads (from a Zombie Vixen box set), but the result was ugly.

seven324
Shas

Post#4 » Sep 28 2017 05:06

El ZorDacK wrote:Noon. You should look for Tael's work. He used ungor heads from WHFB. He should be here around in the orbital ;)

I've seen those before and while they are awesome and look great as Tau heads, i don't have any Beastman parts!

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Sep 29 2017 12:51

This is the Cadian Sargent's head, with hair, nose and ears/comm. removed and a nasal slit carved in. It could probably do with a bit more work but I think its passable?

Return to “Common Workbench”