Onmyou's Motivation Service

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: Onmyou's Motivation Service

Post#109 » Nov 30 2017 10:35

Haechi that is a fantastic model you made. It's a shame your site is sold out of kadesh bits.

Anyways here is my current project. Here is my progress on Stormsurge #2: Star Eater, in subassembly since last ~friday(?)
1.replaced ballbearings for metal (works with magnets I found at local Walmart) for magnetizing anchored mode.
2. Subassembly painting.

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#110 » Dec 03 2017 04:51

How's it going everyone?

Besides the bunch of Eldar I posted about last week, here are the T'au models that I'll be challenging myself to complete too by end of the year:

That's a couple of hazards (converted from R'alais), a commander and a coldstar, assembled and primed so far. Only the commander is magnetized.
Ka'ash Sept

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#111 » Dec 03 2017 11:58

Hello everyone. I'm glad to report I finished the models one week before the deadline!
I thought I had set the deadline so I could finish them with ease, but till last week I thought it would be close. Really brings perspective on how much hobby time I actually have. Anyways, here is the picture.
The models still need a varnish and static grass, but the weather is not suited for spraying now so that will probably have to wait till spring. Somehow my black wash is really shiny, after the matt varnish the stealth suits should look more clean and detailed.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#112 » Dec 04 2017 08:44

Update 12/3/17:

In my second batch of units, this week I painted 3 Fire Warriors, basecoated 6 more Fire Warriors, primed my Homing Beacon and Fireblade, and finished assembling my Stealthsuits! Here's a progress picture:

Next week I'm painting 6 Fire Warriors and assembling 7 Gun Drones!
Last edited by Arka0415 on Dec 06 2017 05:20, edited 1 time in total.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#113 » Dec 04 2017 09:05

Update on stormsurge

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#114 » Dec 04 2017 03:26

All this progress is making me jealous...

Not much extra done on my Hammerheads as the camouflage pattern is slow to do :(

Still hope to be completed by the Christmas break though...

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#115 » Dec 04 2017 04:17

El'mo wrote:All this progress is making me jealous...

Not much extra done on my Hammerheads as the camouflage pattern is slow to do :(

Still hope to be completed by the Christmas break though...

That's the point. This is to make you want to work on your stuff. Your not going to be motivated to work on your stuff if your 'comfortable' :). Get uncomfortable, get motivated, and achieve greatness.

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Onmyou's motivation service

Post#116 » Dec 09 2017 07:16

n1md4 wrote:Working on 4 Pathfinders at the moment, and then a Crisis suit after that.

By the 10th Dec .... I'd like what Im working on, and a Devilfish finished :-)

Tiny amount of base detailing to do on the now 9 member PF team, not really closer to finishing the DF. My goal somewhat changed along the way though, as I've started playing more games, so Use prefer to paint units I'm using.

The next goal would be 2 Hammerheads and 6 Crisis suits, I'd saying end of January for those.

This post is a bit bland without pictures, so my apologies for that.
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#117 » Dec 10 2017 06:56

Update: broke and lost a part of the model and had to fill with green stuff. Did a lot of painting. Still a lot more to go

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#118 » Dec 10 2017 07:41

Looking good, that Stormsurge!

My updates for the week: a squad of the rangers done, the rest of the Eldar stuff base coated and washed. Pic here for the Rangers only:

Next I'll probably focus on getting the commander suit up for a potential game in the coming weekend.
Ka'ash Sept

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#119 » Dec 10 2017 08:25

Excellent job on the eldar. Maybe they can be converted to join the greater good. Lol but they look solid. Keep up the good work.
Last edited by Lostroninsoul on Dec 11 2017 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#120 » Dec 11 2017 10:31

My FLGS had a sale last week, so I bought this little guy;
Looks like everyone else is making great progress too. I was also able to field a fully painted 2,000 point army in my last tournament. Next step, painting weapon options for my crisis.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#121 » Dec 11 2017 04:52

Well even though I'm slow with posting.. I did get around to finally make a blog post again (and thus upload some pictures)

In the picture you can see all the models I needed for the team tournament painted at least with 3 colours.. But finishing them before end of December will probably not be feasible as I also obtained some more models on which I want to shift my focus.

Well the Piranha is close.. just a few highlights to complete. So will do him at least even though I won't be using him in the next tournament.
So I'm getting models ready for Sunday's tournament (1k single player), as I need to fix a few more magnets here and there.. and maybe get some base paints done on them.

Linkeh for more close up shots and some extra information on the units
https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com/20 ... -progress/

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#122 » Dec 12 2017 09:50

Update as of 12/10:

I've finished six Fire Warriors this week, and made progress on several other units. I assembled, primed, and magnetized seven Gun Drones, basecoated and started three Stealthsuits, and have three more Fire Warriors almost finished. Here are the in-progress models:

Sorry for the poor picture quality. Once the Stealthsuits are based I'll post better pictures. Anyway, with luck, all of the in-progress models in that picture will be finished by this weekend!

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#123 » Dec 12 2017 05:02

Well, here's the first steps of battling that hobby anxiety. A pic of my latest work, a kitbashed Remora.

This model is also the first post (of many hopefully) in my new project log, but that has a whole gallery. Just posting the one pic here so as to not spam the forums.

C&C welcome!

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#124 » Dec 17 2017 12:21

Current progress: (I also detailed the back of the missle arms, not shown)

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#125 » Dec 18 2017 04:42

This week's progress, a commander suit:

Discerning eyes will notice that this is actually the fail-*ahem* finecast commander with bits from the new plastic commander, new crisis sprue and also from the old metal commander. This is truly a commander from across the ages! :P

There's still quite a bit that I've committed to this month (more eldar rangers and a bunch of hazards to name a few) but I do have holidays next week to finish that up!

So here's to everyone's progress and good luck with their painting for the Greater Good! :)
Ka'ash Sept

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#126 » Dec 18 2017 05:09

I do like the pose of the commander. The head also looks like a stormsurge head choice like your commander a lot. You did a good job

Return to “Common Workbench”