Ideas for Firesight Marksmen Kitbash?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
FederationUnitedNews
Shas

Ideas for Firesight Marksmen Kitbash?

Post#1 » Nov 24 2017 04:22

I'm interested in running a few Firesight Marksmen in some of my lists but buying them from GW is crazy expensive. I've tried searching the internet for ideas but it seems that I can only find kitbashed sniper drones. I figure I could use the crouching pose from the firewarrior or pathfinder box, but am at a loss as to what to use for the drone controlling console. I want to avoid straight proxies, does anyone have any experience in kitbashing a convincing stand in for one?

overthebrinkgames
Shas

Re: Ideas for Firesight Marksmen Kitbash?

Post#2 » Nov 24 2017 05:13

Not sure how cost effective it would be, but taking the front "hood" of a stealth suit has a very similar shape. You could maybe put a target lock in the face hole of the suit. Add on to that a fin/antenna from a devilfish sprue, or broadside sprue to get that distinct shape. Then I figure you could outfit the stealth suit backpack (blue) as a base/stand for the hood section (red)

3 Stealth suits in a box for about 30 bucks (I'm in canada, prices may vary) can get you 3 Marksmen.

To be honest, I'm not sure if that fin is from a broadside, I bought a lot of second hand stuff that came in plastic bags of bits. Anyone who knows for sure what that is, feel free to correct me!

DancinHobo
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 24 2017 05:25

Here is my firesight marksman. Just made him a week or two ago. I used the arms from a Hammerhead pilot, a support system from Crisis suits( not sure which) and a head from a Stormsurge pilot.( for the laser eye)

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 24 2017 06:42

He looks interesting and plausibly fitting his role. As long as you tell your opponent what he is I'm sure you'll have no problems.

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Nov 24 2017 08:41

overthebrinkgames wrote:Not sure how cost effective it would be, but taking the front "hood" of a stealth suit has a very similar shape. You could maybe put a target lock in the face hole of the suit. Add on to that a fin/antenna from a devilfish sprue, or broadside sprue to get that distinct shape.

Nice idea with the SS hood. For the stand though, I think A Crisis suit calf would make for a good fit.
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

Garacaius
Shas

Post#6 » Dec 14 2017 01:53

[image]https://i.imgur.com/KJIWd2X.jpg[/image]

I used parts from Fire Warriors, Kroot Carnivores and an old Crisis Antenna. Album below.

I used the wrong size base though....

https://imgur.com/a/ENv0b

“Just one game,” they said and started to play. That was yesterday...

Return to “Common Workbench”