The Cadre has arrived!

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

The Cadre has arrived!

Post#1 » Dec 20 2017 12:15

Well, I'm VERY happy.
Is my first 40k army, and the start of my collection.
I'll be posting here for sure, and I'm reading a ton of painting threads already (although I will paint it very basic).
The Cadre arrived to Argentina from UK via France (the "ex-boyfriend of a friend" story from the other thread).

I have a little question about the decals that come in the boxes: the XV25 came with "infantry decals", named: XV25, Pathfinders, Strikers, Breachers, XV8 (wtf?), Riptide (more wtf?) and Stormsurge (wtf x3).

The Pathfinders came with the same. But the Riptide came with a "vehicle decal". What's with all that mess?
Also, which decal sheet is inside the box of a vehicle?
Seems a little confusing for me.

Well, what do you think of the start? :D

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: The Cadre has arrived!

Post#2 » Dec 20 2017 01:52

I think it's awesome :). I highly recommend magnetizing non-infantry models. Some people reccommend magnetizing drones even, which is probably a good idea.

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Dec 20 2017 03:53

Lostroninsoul wrote:I think it's awesome :). I highly recommend magnetizing non-infantry models. Some people reccommend magnetizing drones even, which is probably a good idea.

Wow! I never heard of drone magnetization before.
Do you mean change a Gun drone to a Shield one and so on?

Callumibob
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Dec 20 2017 04:17

The drones don't really need magnets, just don't glue the bottom half. The friction holds it together nicely.

Kiran Tau
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Dec 20 2017 04:57

magnetization is the way to go... 3/4 magnets on your crisis suits and 4 on your commanders... search for rare earth magnets and see the different hits, i used https://www.supermagnete.dk (website is on english) with great success :D I regret to not have changeable loadout for my drones...
Shas'el Au'taal Elan'B (Strong Shepherd)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Dec 20 2017 05:45

Lostroninsoul wrote:I think it's awesome :). I highly recommend magnetizing non-infantry models. Some people reccommend magnetizing drones even, which is probably a good idea.

I magnetised my Drones :D I have 14 Drone discs and 34 Drone attachments :) When I need more discs I still have near 30 on sprues.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Dec 20 2017 06:18

Kerrygan wrote:I have a little question about the decals that come in the boxes: the XV25 came with "infantry decals", named: XV25, Pathfinders, Strikers, Breachers, XV8 (wtf?), Riptide (more wtf?) and Stormsurge (wtf x3).

The Pathfinders came with the same. But the Riptide came with a "vehicle decal". What's with all that mess?
Also, which decal sheet is inside the box of a vehicle?
Seems a little confusing for me.

The vehicle decals are just larger- for small units, like Stealthsuits, you need small, infantry-sized decals. For larger units, such as Riptides, you can fit larger vehicle-sized decals. Vehicles like Devilfish also come with vehicle decals.

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Dec 20 2017 06:30

Arka0415 wrote:The vehicle decals are just larger- for small units, like Stealthsuits, you need small, infantry-sized decals. For larger units, such as Riptides, you can fit larger vehicle-sized decals. Vehicles like Devilfish also come with vehicle decals.

I see, thanks for your answer. And why there is a set called "Riptide" in the "Infantry" decal sheet? With big decals, by the way.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#9 » Dec 20 2017 09:21

Kerrygan wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:The vehicle decals are just larger- for small units, like Stealthsuits, you need small, infantry-sized decals. For larger units, such as Riptides, you can fit larger vehicle-sized decals. Vehicles like Devilfish also come with vehicle decals.

I see, thanks for your answer. And why there is a set called "Riptide" in the "Infantry" decal sheet? With big decals, by the way.

I wondered that myself. I think there's no reason. There was just extra space on the Infantry decal sheet, so they added Riptide decals :D

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Dec 23 2017 07:01

Well, the assembly has begun!

Return to “Common Workbench”