Specific Question About Commander Dimensions

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Specific Question About Commander Dimensions

Post#1 » Jan 04 2018 08:43

We might see the end of Commander Spam with the new Codex, and if I drop down to one Commander, I might do it with the new Enforcer model. However, I'd rather not buy a new case, which raises the question- would a Commander fit in my current case? Right now, I have the following space available:

Length 104mm x Width 65mm x Height 63mm

Laying down, could an Enforcer fit in that?

ErSe0831
Shas'Saal

Re: Specific Question About Commander Dimensions

Post#2 » Jan 04 2018 03:39

Took a picture. It's crude but I know I would want something tangible to see.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/doyqY

Even with mine perched on some debris it's still less than 10cm. The width is a tad more than 6cm but that really comes down to the posing of the arms, the base is wider anyways. Same goes for depth, I have the tailfin on and one arm streched outwards and it's few mm shy of 6cm. It should fit :)

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Jan 04 2018 06:44

ErSe0831 wrote:Took a picture. It's crude but I know I would want something tangible to see.

Even with mine perched on some debris it's still less than 10cm. The width is a tad more than 6cm but that really comes down to the posing of the arms, the base is wider anyways. Same goes for depth, I have the tailfin on and one arm streched outwards and it's few mm shy of 6cm. It should fit :)

Thank you very much! That's a very clear picture. I guess if I want a dynamic pose like that I might need a few more mm of space, but otherwise it looks like a perfect fit. What a wierd coincidence that the room left in my case would fit a Commander almost exactly.

Since the model would have to be put in lying down, I guess a cotton bed or something like that might be necessary.

ErSe0831
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 05 2018 03:02

Arka0415 wrote:
ErSe0831 wrote:Took a picture. It's crude but I know I would want something tangible to see.

Thank you very much! That's a very clear picture. I guess if I want a dynamic pose like that I might need a few more mm of space, but otherwise it looks like a perfect fit. What a wierd coincidence that the room left in my case would fit a Commander almost exactly.

Stars align ;)

Return to “Common Workbench”