Ukrainian battlesuits

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Lord Mayhem
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Ukrainian battlesuits

Post#19 » Jan 11 2018 03:39

I quite like the look of the CIB version, but as Draco suggested I'm looking at removing the front mounted head, plating in the gap, and mounting a head up top, which will give it a more vertical profile.

The idea of using them as XV-9s is intriguing, but I'll have to look at the size; I already have 7 XV-9, so don't need more, but they might be an option for those that don't; they should come in just a touch cheaper; especially if you're in one of those countries where they have a lousy built in exchange rate

Draco023
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Jan 11 2018 09:25

Lord Mayhem wrote:I quite like the look of the CIB version, but as Draco suggested I'm looking at removing the front mounted head, plating in the gap, and mounting a head up top, which will give it a more vertical profile.

The idea of using them as XV-9s is intriguing, but I'll have to look at the size; I already have 7 XV-9, so don't need more, but they might be an option for those that don't; they should come in just a touch cheaper; especially if you're in one of those countries where they have a lousy built in exchange rate

If you do get some and convert them, would you be willing to post pictures next to your XV-9 for comparison? At current prices, here in the states it comes to about $11 cheaper (about 25%), without shipping, compared to an XV-9.

Zeruel
Shas

Post#21 » Jan 11 2018 10:34

Mmmmm.. Good work from Wargamesexclusive but I don't like so much those battlesuits and let me show my reasons:

Legs: as you can see its legs are different from XV8 and XV9 legs.. Do you remeber them?
They are small with lower parts mounted behind the joints.
These new battlesuits have legs similar to mechanicus design:
or to imperial sentinels:

And what about head? It is too much mechanicus, but its a tau battlesuit!

And these are reasons about style, there are other things about Tau aesthetic, for example hand fingers, or the wapon position, too forward!

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#22 » Jan 11 2018 01:24

They look nice enough, I would need to see some pictures from other angles to be sure.

Quite reminiscent of the XV9 and there is the real issue, for similar money I could just get an XV9 which I already know I love the look of from almost any angle.

I am very glad they have branched out away from the over-sexualised stuff and are trying to put out more mainstream product that might appeal to me. It does appeal just not as much as the obvious direct competition from FW in this case.

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Jan 14 2018 10:27

They said, they will sell weapon-sets soon.
So regardless of the suits I am hoping for affordable CIBs :D

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » Jan 14 2018 07:01

Shas'O Ora wrote:They said, they will sell weapon-sets soon.
So regardless of the suits I am hoping for affordable CIBs :D

These would be another option alongside Red Dog Miniatures' CIBs and the CIBs on Shapeways though, we already have a few great options I think.

Zadocfish
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Jan 14 2018 11:58

Ugh... the female T'au here...

The T'au are like the only army in the canon that has 100% non-sexualized female designs... like, they don't even have notable mammaries. Why ruin that?
I am a Christian.

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Jan 15 2018 01:56

These would be another option alongside Red Dog Miniatures' CIBs and the CIBs on Shapeways though, we already have a few great options I think.

Was not ment offensive. I would prefer the CIBs of Red Dog Minis because for me they look better then the one here on the suit. Just was hoping for lower shipping costs to Europe.

Thanks for mentioning shapeways, have not noticed this opportunity till now ;)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#27 » Jan 15 2018 03:17

Shas'O Ora wrote:

Was not ment offensive. I would prefer the CIBs of Red Dog Minis because for me they look better then the one here on the suit. Just was hoping for lower shipping costs to Europe.

Thanks for mentioning shapeways, have not noticed this opportunity till now ;)

Sorry sorry, no offense taken! I recall there is an ATT user to made a set of excellent CIBs that have gyros on them. Can't remember who though.

Return to “Common Workbench”