Ukrainian battlesuits

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Ukrainian battlesuits

Post#1 » Jan 10 2018 08:29

Has anyone seen these? What do you think?

https://wargameexclusive.com/product-ca ... ater-good/

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Ukrainian battlesuits

Post#2 » Jan 10 2018 08:40

Wow, these are... different-looking! I mean, they're not bad, they just don't feel very Tau. They're hunched over, have elongated guns, and odd sorts of cowls for heads.

If you're running some kind of Adeptus Mechanicus list that's using repurposed Tau tech I could see these being a cool addition though.

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 10 2018 09:08

They remind me of the Forgeworld xv9.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Vay
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jan 10 2018 09:36

Ordered!
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Isshiresshi
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#5 » Jan 10 2018 09:59

In a context of Tau, they are a lot more "aggressive" in their appeal than regular battlesuits.

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jan 10 2018 09:59

Those are pretty cool looking! They look hybridized with Stealth Suits. I might see if I can homebrew some Stealth rules for them.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#7 » Jan 10 2018 10:06

Vay wrote:Ordered!

Don't forget to do a review when you get them ;)

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jan 10 2018 10:23

They look like a mix between the XV9 Hazards and the XV107 R'Varna. I wonder if there is a way to stretch out the mid-section. I think that would make them look a bit more like the Tau we are used to with a bit more flavor.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Rayscarnage
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jan 10 2018 10:41

I feel like all of this is just a rip off and they profit from something that works by copying. even their logo is the Aquila that is squished with blood. They do look good but I can't give money to them. It just feels wrong. Maybe I am missing something???

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jan 10 2018 11:21

Rayscarnage wrote:I feel like all of this is just a rip off and they profit from something that works by copying. even their logo is the Aquila that is squished with blood. They do look good but I can't give money to them. It just feels wrong. Maybe I am missing something???

They aren't doing anything illegal. If so, GW would have had them drawn and quartered ages ago. What they do do, however, is add a bit of personal character to an army that doesn't really have much. The fluff doesn't really support a lot of individualism in the Tau Empire so I doubt GW will be doing much of this themselves, so I'm all for another company picking up where GW does not want/intend to go. With the Tau line at least, they are targeting a market that GW has willingly left out.

They are also far more expensive than the Crisis suit set, so it's not like they are even undercutting GW. They are trying to compete by giving people options that they may like better...that's called capitalism. I know the Commie Tau Empire may not like it, but over here in the Libertarian FSE we get a Taugasm from it.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jan 10 2018 11:45

I'm told they are based in the Ukraine (ie; outside EU law) and money goes to the Cayman isles.

They are certainly ripping off GW Tau, but are great models IMO and better looking than standard XV8's.

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jan 10 2018 12:00

I've ordered stuff from there before and I have to say I absolutely love it all.

As was said, T'au don't really have much individuality - even the newer sculpts (which are much, much better than previous) are all a bit samey when you put a bunch of them side by side, so anything that sticks out, such as what Wargames offer, is a big win in my book!
:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :evil:

Jhul'vol
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#13 » Jan 10 2018 12:49

Can't say I like the battlesuits.. but I love the deep strike veteran far taker model :)
I might order it someday if I'm in need of a second fireblade.

For the battlesuit I like the bottom half.. but the torso and arms look like a knight stepped on their head to me :P

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Jan 10 2018 01:20

they do some fat gun drones that I use as heavy gun drones now that FW have discontinued the models

GARBLED_COMMS
Shas

Post#15 » Jan 10 2018 01:38

I like their jetpacks, but that's about it. There's just a bundle of nitpicky things I don't like; the hunchback, the face, bulky shoulders and hands, guns are too long and skinny to match the bulkiness... They seem like old battlesuits that were phased out like 3 iterations ago.

Draco023
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Jan 10 2018 05:07

Just eyeballing it they look like the Ghostkeel head could fit. Just cut off the forward protruding " head" and mount the helm on the top and that changes the profile significantly. I'd put on another pair of burst cannons and use it as a hazard.

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#17 » Jan 10 2018 08:14

Well! there's bit of the R'alai / R'var'na look in there, but don't quite like the chest section... if it was me, I'd kitbash some bits onto the middle section to extend it forward.
Ka'ash Sept

stayhandsome
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Jan 10 2018 11:06

Not a fan of the look overall, it doesn’t have the regal stance that Tau battlesuits have. Reminds me of the oracle-like characters from the 5th element the way they’re hunched over and slightly animalistic

If Kroot ever get battlesuits, they’d probably look something like this!

Return to “Common Workbench”