Y'vahra head (lost) replacement?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Allomancer
Shas

Y'vahra head (lost) replacement?

Post#1 » Feb 06 2018 05:31

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the beautiful Y'vahra battlesuit form Forgeworld and while cleaning parts have managed to loose her head.

Obviously I'm not happy with myself but not much O can do about it now. I wad wondering if anyone knows about a good replacement part or if the Riptide heads would be the right size?

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone

ErSe0831
Shas'Saal

Re: Y'vahra head (lost) replacement?

Post#2 » Feb 06 2018 05:49

Sorry I can't really help with your question because I don't have either of those kits yet. But you could try contacting Forge World and see if they are kind enough to send you a replacement head. It's an expensive model after all so some goodwill isn't too much to ask for :smile:

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 06 2018 06:11

I don't have any personal experience, but y'vahra is a riptide variant, they are about the same size, so the heads should fit even without greenstuff

As suggested by ErSe0831, you should contact FW customer support first, they are used to sending people replacement parts for warped bits so they could take pitty on you and send you a new head

GI-Redshirt
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 06 2018 06:18

Having just built my Y'Vahra a few weeks ago and having built a couple Riptides over the years, hopefully I can give you some help. The standard Riptide heads are slightly smaller than the Y'Vahra head, and don't really mesh as well with the more sleek design of the Y'Vahra, but they would fit alright in a pinch. I would also recommend contacting FW customer support and seeing if they can help, they're generally pretty good about that kinda stuff.

Aspiring Commander
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Feb 06 2018 06:30

Yeah always best to just contact forgeworld. When they sent mine they sent it without the shoulders, after a quick email and call they were sent in express post to me.

That's probably your best bet!
'We act as one, and united we cannot fall'

-Commander Shadowsun

Allomancer
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 11 2018 07:43

Thank you all for your suddestions, I managed to contact Forge World and they were fantastic. Sent me out a replacement no problem.

She's all sprayed and will be painted and on the table in no time, complete with head and all.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Feb 12 2018 06:05

Glad to hear they did, once it is done, don't forget to post project log, or join motivation service post so we can see the goodness, also it helps getting your models done once you start getting lazy/procrastinate about it :)

Allomancer
Shas

Post#8 » Feb 14 2018 01:54

That's a great suggestion Beerson, I have to admit painting infantry is taking it out of me a bit.

I'll get some pictures up when she's looking a little more like herself thank you.

Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Feb 14 2018 05:40

Drones! Drone head is da best!
N00bie Wargamer
Army: Fior'Serra Sept Tau 6500 PTS

Return to “Common Workbench”