[Challenge] 2013 Year of Tau | Size does matter

A collection of the best Community hobby posts. Promoted content only.
lostinnm
Shas

Re: [Challenge] 2013 Year of Tau | Size does matter

Post#19 » Apr 06 2013 04:46

Now that it's released, what are the dimensions of the model? I'm looking at conversions.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#20 » Apr 08 2013 06:59

Oh well now, seeing as it doesn't start until May I can enter the competition. WOOHOO!

Agent00abe
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Apr 08 2013 07:23

Da Skyman wrote:I don't think that I will be participating, just because I'm sure I'd never finish in time, but I have a question that might affect others.

Since new Tau products are delayed up to two weeks in Europe, will those participants be given an extra couple weeks to get their entries in?
Though I guess that could get confusing, since either way anyone who preordered or is buying one in North America will get an advantage. Perhaps the Europeans will just have to suck it up and convert that much quicker...

Save yourself some time and Plan Ahead guys! Even if it's just a rough sketch, it helps keep an end goal in mind.

I'm in Denmark and my FLGS had his products last Thursday when I went by to pick up a WD to keep me occupied while waiting for release.
Today I'm going back to get my models and Limited Edition Codex (He ordered it for me, and I like to buy locally when I can).

Also. Europe is ahead in timezones compared to the 'mericas. So when they have a world wide release that says Saturday 6th, we actually get our hands on it first.

I'm not sure how things are in Russia though. (I can see you're in Moscow)
And I know for a fact that in the movies and videogames department Russians often have to wait for release longer than the rest of the world. Due to piracy. Don't know if that's the case with Games Workshop products as well.
Does this Railgun make me look fat?

Lysere
Shas

Post#22 » Apr 09 2013 02:58

I'm hoping I have enough time to be able to enter this. Although I guess it's more I'm hoping I can order a Riptide before May.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Apr 11 2013 04:08

I'm all kinds of excited for this challenge, I'm going to have to enter! I've few weeks until I can get my hands on a Riptide so I guess now is the time to nail down my army colours in preparation. :crafty:

Cannonfodder
Shas

Post#24 » Apr 11 2013 06:32

Might as well enter. I didn't take part in a modeling contest for some time.

bluedestiny
Shas

Post#25 » Apr 11 2013 09:11

Damn, this just brought me back from retirement of my Tau for a little, guess i need to start thinking of new conversions again............. soooo much competition!!! I Like It!!!

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#26 » Apr 11 2013 09:34

I have been hit with the EU delay bug on my Riptide but my creative juices are starting to go into overdrive trying to think of how to pose the beast.

I'm definitely in.

Sor'caan
Shas

Post#27 » Apr 12 2013 12:15

Just waiting on my second Riptide to arrive before I show anything. Seeing as the fluff involves the two of them.
QUICK, HAND ME MY PULSE RIFLE! a loaded one this time!

Nevar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#28 » Apr 13 2013 12:50

Sor'caan wrote:Just waiting on my second Riptide to arrive before I show anything. Seeing as the fluff involves the two of them.

I am still trying to get my hands on one. They seem to be out of stock or unable to ship my way. =(

Guess I wait for GW to restock them, or maybe my favorite alternative store will get them first. Here's hoping it's in time to participate in the contest.

Sor'caan
Shas

Post#29 » Apr 14 2013 02:57

Nevar wrote:
Sor'caan wrote:Just waiting on my second Riptide to arrive before I show anything. Seeing as the fluff involves the two of them.

I am still trying to get my hands on one. They seem to be out of stock or unable to ship my way. =(

Guess I wait for GW to restock them, or maybe my favorite alternative store will get them first. Here's hoping it's in time to participate in the contest.

I had all of my new Tau stuff on order from the weekend of their announcement. Taken this long for all of the stuff to be dispatched and the larger order was sent only a few days ago.
QUICK, HAND ME MY PULSE RIFLE! a loaded one this time!

Taurrain

Post#30 » Apr 14 2013 04:21

This could be a great way to get into the swing of things

Shi'ur
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#31 » Apr 15 2013 08:51

Well... I've put a Riptide on order at my local GW as they are currently sold out, but I'm looking at a minimum of a two week wait. Here's hoping that it arrives in enough time. :?
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#32 » Apr 15 2013 09:36

Shi'ur,

the actual challenge starts in two weeks and will end two month after that, that is more time we ever had for a challenge!
I am sure there is enough time for everyone, i.e. I do not have my Riptide yet either.

A Shi'ur Riptide, that sure will look amazing...

Gue'el Che Gue'vesa

Shi'ur
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#33 » Apr 15 2013 11:02

I know, I should relax... but I'm not one to start planning a conversion on a huge multi-part kit such as the Riptide, before I phsically have one in my hands. :sad:

I do have a few thoughts floating around mind you. :roll:

I'm also not getting my heart set at the kit coming in by a specific time, as I'm horrible when it comes to dissapointment. :)
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

professorkylan
Shas

Post#34 » Apr 15 2013 10:04

My first thoughts on reading through this tread was, "Nah... I can't think of anything. Maybe next challenge. I can't really afford it atm anyhows."

Then I got the spark of an idea. That spark grew, flaring into life. The fire of this idea started to brand itself onto my brain, so by the end of the thread I was already mentally calculating the bitz I'd need to gather.

So basically, curse you all for destroying my wallet. Please imagine me (tall, handsome, surrounded by an aura of what feels like bravery and honour) shaking my fist at you in rage.

*mutters and wanders off to start gathering Imperial Guard tank track segments*
Signature? Eh, I'll think of one later

paulson games
Shas

Post#35 » Apr 15 2013 11:08

Zombicide sacked my gaming funds for months to come and I won't see any of that stuff for 6-12 months :(

I barely had enough to cover a single Riptide and then I'm stuck with it on hold until who knows when because of the supply issues. Apparently all my gaming expenses have morphed into "get it someday expenses". Man I dislike this new trend of waiting and dispair for months on end. I need to go back to the old instant gratification purchasing followed by overspending regrets, it's much easier to deal with as I at least have something to look at.

:::Sigh:::
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

bluedestiny
Shas

Post#36 » Apr 17 2013 05:32

Well seems like all places are out of rip tides.... I still have to wait till they restock... even GW >.>

Return to “Resource Articles”