[Challenge] 2013 Year of Tau | Size does matter

A collection of the best Community hobby posts. Promoted content only.
DrakeWallington
Shas

Re: [Challenge] 2013 Year of Tau | Size does matter

Post#73 » May 18 2013 11:08

Cool my first ever Tau Challenge, on a awesome battlesuilt. So I will, take on this challenge.
For the Greater Good

Cannonfodder
Shas

Post#74 » May 24 2013 08:17

I support the proposal of Persifal.

And I got a major motivation problem. I am stuck in the late process of the conversion. How are the rest of the guys doing?

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#75 » May 24 2013 08:35

Persifal, you are allowed to enter up to three single pictures for the challenge. You should be able to capture the details you want to present by cropping or zooming in on your intended show piece. We limit the size and format to level the playing field, as not every member has access to quality photography tools and manipulation programs such as photoshop.

Each member who chooses to enter can use the tools available (for cropping positioning etc) from their image hosting site of choice. It is up to the contributing member to follow the guidelines set out by the challenge coordinators to display their entry in a favorable light. Limiting the size of the image also reduces the need for scrolling which may be necessary for some members who do not have access to a large screen. This actually works in your favor because we can see your whole entry at once, which makes an impression.

Thank you for the suggestion, we may incorporate your ideas into future challenges.

modelglue

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#76 » May 24 2013 10:04

modelglue, thank you for answer. I'm not like it, but I'm accepting it. Let's win the best model. ;)

DrakeWallington
Shas

Post#77 » May 25 2013 11:26

I know not going do well with conversion + painting since, I'm still new to Warhammer 40K modeling and painting models. However I hoping this contest will help me sharpen my skills as beginning painter and converter. :D

I don't know in the past challenge if any one has suggest this free tool for photo edits is called Gimp. It has has similar tools which Photoshop has and does not have. here url link to it http://www.gimpshop.com/full_version/free_photo_edit_program?gclid=CNHdnI74srcCFYk-MgodOmkAZQ

Merged double post
>>--AA-->
For the Greater Good

hownowbrowntau
Shas

Post#78 » May 27 2013 07:11

Well, looks like I'm buying a Riptide after all :P Spent the past few days looking at japanese armour for inspiration for conversions.
Thanks for setting up the challenge, and a big thank you to the authors who are kind enough to donate prizes.

Oh, just noticed....competition finishes June 31? June only has 30 days. :eek:
Good catch! Duly noted!
>>--AA-->
Wait a sec...there are rules for Chaos?

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#79 » May 27 2013 09:31

As hownowbrowntau brought up, June is a month of only 30 days. To reflect this, we have corrected the original post.

Please be advised that entries are now due by June 30th, 2013. Please plan your projects accordingly.

professorkylan
Shas

Post#80 » Jun 01 2013 07:31

"My completed Riptide just deep struck into some dangerous terrain," is how I'll tell people I just knocked the completed, yet still drying, model off of my table and onto the cold unfeeling floor.

Sigh. Time to go again.
Signature? Eh, I'll think of one later

Cannonfodder
Shas

Post#81 » Jun 07 2013 04:33

I feel your pain. My children (age 5, 3 and 2) played with mine last weekend. Had a lot of repairs to do. I am in the process of painting now too. Looking forward to see what you guys came up with.

ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT!

edit: to avoid doublepostings- I am done- painted and all,. hooray

Kern
Kroot

Post#82 » Jun 15 2013 05:01

Too bad my exams end on the 28th of June... Might not have time to buy a new Tau codex (STILL didn't get to that, damn you uni!), build and test army lists, get a riptide and a job to pay for it, convert it and paint it. Seeing how my average painting time used to be a fire warrior every 12 hours, I consider that Mission Impossible :P
To everyone who does have access to better camera's and such, nothing stops you from posting giant pictures of every single detail after the competition :biggrin:
As life flies past, you better grab it!

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#83 » Jun 28 2013 01:04

Time is running out guys,

the first eight Entries have arrived in my PM-Box.

Good luck to the participants!

Shi'ur
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#84 » Jun 28 2013 08:24

Too many things have propped up that have kept me away from working on my Riptide... if I can get enough of it done to enter, it'll be a miracle. :sad:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

hownowbrowntau
Shas

Post#85 » Jun 30 2013 01:07

Last day folks!

oh btw, for those still building, when precisely is the cut off, midnight local time, or midnight GMT-6 (website's time zone)?

Edit: also avoiding double posting: All finished....phew! Now to organize my twins' 18th birthday tomorrow!
Wait a sec...there are rules for Chaos?

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#86 » Jun 30 2013 01:19

I wish all taking part the best of luck with their entries - due to the release delay and personal circumstances I have not been able to enter but my Riptide will be appearing in the next month or so.

Whitefire
Shova

Post#87 » Jun 30 2013 02:55

Finished and Sent my Entry into Che. Now time for other things. Like another flier and the Sawfish to be repaired and painted.

--Edit-- I cannot wait to see the other entries

Mal'Caor
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#88 » Jun 30 2013 04:53

How long does this thing take to paint?? Much longer than I had put aside for it, that's for sure. :::(

Oh well, one entry sent anyway - I'll be damned if I've spent this long on it not to submit it!

professorkylan
Shas

Post#89 » Jul 01 2013 03:12

Sadly, due to work issues, I was unable to finish in time for the comp.

Good luck to those that managed to get their entries in on time, I can but hope that when I get pics up of mine I'll get people claiming I should have achieved victory regardless :::(
Signature? Eh, I'll think of one later

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#90 » Jul 01 2013 07:03

Okay everybody, the time to send me your entries is over!

If I counted correctly, 27 (Twenty-seven) really amazing XV104 Riptide Battlesuits have entered this challenge!

Now I will prepare the presentation including the Poll.

Return to “Resource Articles”