[Challenge] 2013 Year of Tau | Size does matter

A collection of the best Community hobby posts. Promoted content only.
BabaGanoosh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Challenge] 2013 Year of Tau | Size does matter

Post#91 » Jul 01 2013 07:31

Che Gue'vesa wrote:Okay everybody, the time to send me your entries is over!

If I counted correctly, 27 (Twenty-seven) really amazing XV104 Riptide Battlesuits have entered this challenge!

Now I will prepare the presentation including the Poll.

Sounds awesome; I can't wait to see what everyone has been doing with their riptides!

Bear
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#92 » Jul 01 2013 12:16

I've been checking this site pretty much constantly since I woke up. I'm so pumped to see the cool stuff people are doing!

Cannonfodder
Shas

Post#93 » Jul 02 2013 06:55

Bear wrote:I've been checking this site pretty much constantly since I woke up. I'm so pumped to see the cool stuff people are doing!

I fear there is no point in doing so- voting will only start on July 5th so maybe you shuld stop torturing yourself! ;)

Che Gue'vesa wrote:If I counted correctly, 27 (Twenty-seven) really amazing XV104 Riptide Battlesuits have entered this challenge!

Holy Moly - 27! I am really looking forward to seeing all those pop up now! I have the feeling, that it really had an impact on how many Riptides did not show up after the release from GW. What I mean is, that imagesearch on google should have brought up way more than it did. So is the influecne of ATT on the internet scene (concerning TAU)

Vay
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#94 » Jul 02 2013 09:10

Cannonfodder
Che Gue'vesa wrote:
If I counted correctly, 27 (Twenty-seven) really amazing XV104 Riptide Battlesuits have entered this challenge!

Holy Moly - 27! I am really looking forward to seeing all those pop up now! I have the feeling, that it really had an impact on how many Riptides did not show up after the release from GW. What I mean is, that image search on Google should have brought up way more than it did. So is the influence of ATT on the internet scene (concerning TAU)

Noticed this as well when looking for inspiration. The trusty Google drone could not find much to look at. Your observation is great, I think we did rob the internet of some riptide action.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Tastyfish
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#95 » Jul 02 2013 10:09

Vay wrote:
Cannonfodder
Che Gue'vesa wrote:

Holy Moly - 27! I am really looking forward to seeing all those pop up now! I have the feeling, that it really had an impact on how many Riptides did not show up after the release from GW. What I mean is, that image search on Google should have brought up way more than it did. So is the influence of ATT on the internet scene (concerning TAU)

Noticed this as well when looking for inspiration. The trusty Google drone could not find much to look at. Your observation is great, I think we did rob the internet of some riptide action.

Thinking of this, I suggest we do the Raven/Kingfisher/Commsuit next - not been able to find some good inspiration for one of those anywhere!
Definitely curious to see what people have got up to, was a great kit to put together but went for the safe option to start with. Definitely in the mood for something more ambitious for the next one - I was amazed that I've not even seen anyone use the flying base it came with yet!

Macknight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#96 » Jul 02 2013 11:07

I have use magnet to keep the suit upright, changeable weapon systems. This is not an entry so I'll post a pic:

Last edited by Macknight on Jul 02 2013 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
For the greater good!

Evets24601
Shova

Post#97 » Jul 02 2013 11:32

I agree Macknight!!! The Raven is always a pretty sweet concept, and all these awesome modelers we have here would make it amazing!! Come on Che... We're going crazy here!!
[Insert clever signature here]

BabaGanoosh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#98 » Jul 02 2013 12:58

Aside from the kingfisher, there a lot of other conversion opportunities out there with all of the new kits. Pathfinders and fliers come to mind first, since they are new kits and haven't been the subject of a challenge before. Personally I would love to see an allies/alien auxiliaries challenge.

Has there already been a decision on the challenge schedule?

Shi'ur
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#99 » Jul 03 2013 01:13

Well, not wanting to rush things and wind up feeling that my work was sub-par, there was no way I would've made the deadline. With that said, I'll still be posting up a thread on my Riptide... it'll be interesting to see the other entries, just so I can gauge how my version would've held up to the competition. ;)
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

DrakeWallington
Shas

Post#100 » Jul 04 2013 09:19

same here , :sad: However, I do want say, good luck to the follow members on entries, on this competition. :smile:
For the Greater Good

Return to “Resource Articles”