El'mo's Chocochip Astra Milliwhatnow

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
El'mo
Shas'El

Re: El'mo's Chocochip Astra Milliwhatnow

Post#55 » Dec 16 2016 04:19

Thanks Tael :)

After a week of not being able to upload any photos but still being able to paint I have managed to complete both these projects :)

This is my take on the Cadian Command HQ Squad from FW less the melta trooper who will be joining another squad and with the addition of a LotR dog (Farmer Maggot set)

https://www.forgewor...ommand-HQ-Squad

Based on the Puppetswar Taurus with the addition of a Chimera turret and some other GW bits.
Taurox/Chimera counts as Hull #401

This vehicle is armed with a Multi-laser and Heavy Flamer which are magnetised along with a fixed Stubber on the cupola.

Taurox/Chimera counts as Hull #402

This vehicle is armed with an Autocannon and Heavy Bolter which are magnetised along with a fixed Stubber on the cupola.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#56 » Dec 16 2016 10:02

Top stuff man, really has a sense of mass and durability compared to a Chimera.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#57 » Jan 14 2017 09:48

Thanks Tael :)

Latest project is now complete - Special Weapons squad no. 110 with 3 meltas and hostile environment equipment and a lone melta gunner from the FW Cadian HQ squad.

Working on some DA Librarians at the moment ;)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#58 » Feb 07 2017 02:35

The packs wrok quite well on the classic Cadian. Serious props for the cammo work :D

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#59 » Mar 03 2017 11:13

:D

3 x Missile teams completed along with an extra 6 snapfit guardsmen as a start to the next infantry squad

Tael
Fio'O

Post#60 » Mar 05 2017 02:56

Looking good, clever refit of the basing. Is it an MDF base or something you crafted yourself?

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#61 » Mar 05 2017 04:38

Cheers Tael :)

Here is the cut and paste from my BnCS thread on how I did the bases

Planning far ahead again... I was pottering around in my workshop/shed doing some cleanup after a DIY job and found an old football table base. It is 5-6mm thick fibreboard and it got me thinking...

When I get around to building up my HW teams I want them to be based so as to be able to remove one of the models as a wound marker. One thing lead to another and these where the result

The discs are a little over 60mm (nearest size of cutter I had) with a 26mm diameter recess drilled out to a depth to fit the standard 25mm plastic base. They have just been painted with a watered down PVA and when dry will get a spray of black primer.

I only made 9 to start off with but I have enough fibre board for at least another 9

If anyone is interested in making their own you will need one of these:

Hole Saw, 65mm Diameter

and one of these:

Kitchen Cupboard Door Hinge Hole Cutter Drill 25/26mm diameter

and naturally a drill with a drill stand

Tael
Fio'O

Post#62 » Mar 11 2017 05:44

Huh...(strokes goatee).. thats really cool. Thanks for the repost! :)

TheAmbit
Fio'El

Post#63 » Apr 02 2017 09:13

Those chimera counts-as are awesome. Great work incorporating them into the guard!

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”