Squads are back

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
BibiFloris
Shas

Squads are back

Post#1 » Feb 02 2018 01:19

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/tick-tock/ ......... :eek: :neutral:
First look at the video.
Spoiler!
The hell sqauds are confirmed for a necromunda moddel.
One of the inplosibel things happend.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Squads are back

Post#2 » Feb 02 2018 07:18

When viewing the video my first comment was: OK, so our new kroot models will come as mercenaries for necromunda...

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Feb 02 2018 08:08

I guess we call this "squat creep"? First comes Necromunda mercenaries...then who knows?

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 02 2018 11:22

More importantly, could this be a hint that we are getting real plastic sisters soon?

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#5 » Feb 02 2018 11:40

Beerson wrote:More importantly, could this be a hint that we are getting real plastic sisters soon?

I assume the "plastic sister of battle" comment from the recycle bin in a previous video was only for Celestine and her two seraphines. Not an entire army.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 02 2018 11:46

Kael'yn wrote:
Beerson wrote:More importantly, could this be a hint that we are getting real plastic sisters soon?

I assume the "plastic sister of battle" comment from the recycle bin in a previous video was only for Celestine and her two seraphines. Not an entire army.

By this I mean the clock next to the squat one

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » Feb 02 2018 12:27

Beerson wrote:
Kael'yn wrote:

By this I mean the clock next to the squat one

Missed it, just saw at first the "plastic thunderhawk" clock. I didn't saw "female space marines" or "more xenos" clocks, so it seems the actual clocks may be something GW think about...

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 02 2018 02:14

Kael'yn wrote:Missed it, just saw at first the "plastic thunderhawk" clock. I didn't saw "female space marines" or "more xenos" clocks, so it seems the actual clocks may be something GW think about...

Well given how much focus and screentime the SOB clock had in the video there is decent chance we get em soon

namegiver
Shas

Post#9 » Feb 02 2018 02:20

The new GW clearly has a sense of humor. Over-interpreting things could easily lead to disappointment.

This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined.
namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Feb 02 2018 02:27

namegiver wrote:The new GW clearly has a sense of humor. Over-interpreting things could easily lead to disappointment.

Well the thing is that if they don't release them soon, they will be losing customers, after the subpar plastic release and better-be-a-joke bundle, the community around sisters is pretty "upset" and it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing plastic SOB alternatives from other manufacturers to take advantage of the situation and completely replace GW's product

namegiver
Shas

Post#11 » Feb 02 2018 02:52

Beerson wrote:
namegiver wrote:The new GW clearly has a sense of humor. Over-interpreting things could easily lead to disappointment.

Well the thing is that if they don't release them soon, they will be losing customers, after the subpar plastic release and better-be-a-joke bundle, the community around sisters is pretty "upset" and it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing plastic SOB alternatives from other manufacturers to take advantage of the situation and completely replace GW's product

Not arguing, just saying that drawing deeper conclusions about GW releases and related conspiracy theories from a video that is CLEARLY making fun of GW release conspiracy theories is likely to end in disappointment :biggrin:

This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined.
namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

Jhi'Myr
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Feb 02 2018 09:19

Beerson wrote:it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing plastic SOB alternatives from other manufacturers to take advantage of the situation and completely replace GW's product

There already are alternative plastic sisters. Raging Heros has it on kickstarter, for instance.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Feb 02 2018 09:59

Jhi'Myr wrote:
Beerson wrote:it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing plastic SOB alternatives from other manufacturers to take advantage of the situation and completely replace GW's product

There already are alternative plastic sisters. Raging Heros has it on kickstarter, for instance.

Yeah, I'm aware of those, what I had in mind were models even closer to power armor, maybe with some quirky weapons that could be switched for bolters from GW bits so it wouldn't be breaking copyright while quick and easy to convert into something very close to the metal sisters we have now if you get what I mean

Or maybe just some SM conversion kit with sister heads, chest pieces and whatnot

kruetz
Shas

Post#14 » Feb 02 2018 10:53

*squats

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Feb 03 2018 10:49

kruetz wrote:*squats

Yesss, squats!