Hailstop's Horus Hawks (Egyptian Themed Chaos Space Marines)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Militant.Jester
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Hailstop's Horus Hawks (Egyptian Themed Chaos Space Marines)

Post#19 » Jun 17 2009 12:26

I'm not sure the Egyptian theme works well for the vehicles....to many futuristic bits. Your two hq choices look fantastic though, as do the mummies :P
Ni neart go cur le cheile::Cadre Log Activating...

Dal'yth Mont'sha
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#20 » Jun 17 2009 06:58

This is one of the most impressive 'alternatively themed' armies I have seen. The theme runs very strongly and I like the fluff you have which goes with it.

Great idea. Fantastically executed. Well done!

hailstop
Shas

Post#21 » Jun 17 2009 08:01

Dal'yth Mont'sha wrote:This is one of the most impressive 'alternatively themed' armies I have seen. The theme runs very strongly and I like the fluff you have which goes with it.

Great idea. Fantastically executed. Well done!

I've thought about trying a Daemon army too, but can't really come up with a lot of thematics beyond the mummies (which obviously would be plaguebearers).

Jabberwock
Shas

Post#22 » Jun 17 2009 08:48

Very well done. I don't know that anything needs to be changed, but if you were looking for additional inspiration the movie Stargate combines future tech and ancient Egypt. I always liked that movie and you've managed to capture the theme nicely.

hailstop
Shas

Post#23 » Jun 18 2009 11:33

I've thought about going with a Tzeentch Lord who's Daemon Weapon is a Jaffa Staff Weapon. :-)

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”