Human Auxillary

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Kaiizen
Shas

Human Auxillary

Post#1 » Sep 30 2008 03:03

So initially I did this drawing as a character design for a Star Wars RPG. For this RPG though you can use miniatures and gridded maps for combat so I thought, "What the heck, I could do a conversion using some Tau bits".

Now I'm thinking though, if I can make this simple enough I could actually make some decent looking human Auxiliaries. I think with some simple green stuff work I could probably modify some standard IG heads to look like this. What do you all think?

The T-21 is far superior to a las gun sadly, so that'll probably have to be removed from the original design =P.

Inq NicolePyykkonen
Shas

Re: Human Auxillary

Post#2 » Sep 30 2008 03:08

Wow, fantastic art!

With some experience with IG models, I'd say that's a Space Marine Scout plastic head or a plastic Cadian Sergeant head, a Cadian Torso, possibly Cadian Arms, and Catachan Legs.

There are various bits order sites on the 'net that you could look into that may have those plastic pieces available. I think the last auxilary rules I saw had at least some members of the squad that got to use some pulse weaponry.. which might match closer to your gun than a lasgun.

Petelee
Shas

Post#3 » Sep 30 2008 04:38

It's great, but it could use a little more "tau", y'know?
Of course, if you paint the mini version with your tau colors, that might solve it.

Inq NicolePyykkonen
Shas

Post#4 » Oct 02 2008 11:45

After looking at some of the plastic pieces, I would revise my earlier bits recommendations to achieve that look.

I would still use the Cadian Sergeant head, or the Space Marine Scout (with bolters) box heads. Those all have the headset communications devices. Legs would still be Catachan legs. I would use actually a Tau Fire Warrior torso and shoulderguard and backpack, then use Catachan arms. These arms are typically painted as bare skin, however by painting them with an undersuit color and a little bit of greenstuff work possibly to add gloves or something, look like the soldier is wearing a skin-tight bodyglove/spandex look. Then the belts can be either Imperial guard bits (I would use Catachan belt bits personally) you can achieve the rest of the look with pouches and the like.

This would also help "Tau it up" slightly and make it more Tau-ish.

Prophaniti
Shas

Post#5 » Oct 02 2008 02:15

The basic concept is great. It obviously needs translating to 40k in terms of appearance, but if you make this 3d I think I can say we'd all like to see it.
Nach dem spiel ist vor dem spiel

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#6 » Oct 03 2008 03:09

Kaiizen, this'll be moved to Enemies and Allies once you get started on this. I'm eagerly looking forward to following this topic.

*Clicks notify button*
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#7 » Oct 03 2008 09:48

"Modelling" might even be an option for a forum too, as the unit concerned is technically Tau-orientated even if it is not perhaps "Tau" per se. However, we shall see how things develop!

Keep it coming, Kaiizen. ;)

E.

Sturmer
Shas

Post#8 » Oct 03 2008 10:12

The round gun and parts of the models armor reminds me of the old stormtroopers:

If you have and IG codex you can find a better picture of them on pg. 20

Interesting to see were this goes...

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#9 » Oct 03 2008 10:30

An auspicious beginning to an interesting thread, Kalizen! That's one impressive piece!

In my opinion, our esteemed gue'vesa auxiliaries deserve a place in "Modeling."

Kaiizen
Shas

Post#10 » Oct 03 2008 10:47

Oh man, this got more exposure than I thought it would. Guess the pressure is on =\.

I'm not sure how to start really. I took a look at some of the cadian heads and wasn't too impressed. I might see if I can get my hands on some eldar heads and modify them to fit my needs. Just because their human doesn't mean they have to be rugged and ugly =P.

1st Tau Airborne
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#11 » Oct 04 2008 02:49

First i would like to complement you on some fantastic artwork. Second you might want to look on ebay i was on a few hours ago looking at catachan bitz and, there were a few heads you might like. :)

Helios

Post#12 » Oct 04 2008 02:57

Yeah, the bare Eldar guardian head would fit your drawing really well (coincidence eh?), you might also find some fantasy elf-heads that suit your vision.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”