Hereticus Chaos Blog-Update 25.05.09: Khornate Daemon Prince

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Hereticus
Shas

Re: Metallic Alpha Legion -Update 11.05.09: Finished Chosen

Post#19 » May 11 2009 05:05

Just a small update, here are my first 5 chosen, fully finished.

Champ w/power weapon + 2 other power weapon guys.

Melta gunners.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#20 » May 11 2009 08:00

Hmmm..I was taking another look at your Daemon Prince, and I'm thinking he could use some more bulk in his arms, and some straps for that loincloth to hang on to. Also, I have some plastic sets of chains from old Megabloks Dragons sets that I think would really do that fella justice...if you want them, that is :P

taco
Shas

Post#21 » May 11 2009 08:06

i agree with Orpheus Hangar, your DP is headed on the right path, but he definitely needs more work to make him look more chaos-y. bulking up his arms with chains would be the first step, maybe more add more horns (he is World Eaters, and they are Khorne, and khorne likes his spikey-bits). lastly, i would suggest you cut up his wings a bit, so that they looks more tarnished and torn which will add to his "WTF ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!!!" factor.

all in all, i like the kit bashing so far

Hereticus
Shas

Post#22 » May 11 2009 09:18

Thanks for the comments guys. I quite like the raw naked power look of the DP. Having said that, I will probably "Bling" him up a bit with some chains around his arms and across his chest. He also has a number of bone spikes sticking out of his back and chest.

As for the chainmail loin cloth, think of it as nailed straight into his pelvic bone :evil:

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#23 » May 12 2009 08:18

I see :evil: Still, his arms are looking a little scrawny compared to the rest of his form...maybe those chains and/or more spikes there would help. Again, I have some chains if you wan them; they're a little large, but I think they'd work great on a larger figure like him or a tank ;)

Hereticus
Shas

Re: Metallic Alpha Legion-Update 18.05.09: Berserker Terminators

Post#24 » May 18 2009 05:02

These have nothing to do with my Alpha Legion, aside from maybe fighting alongside them on an Apoc table at some point. Never the less, may I present: Beserker Terminators! These are part of the rebuild of my Beserker army into a "No friends, zero-comp, list of doom" and will soon be followed by a Land Raider and 3 Defilers :evil:

I know many people hate the bunny ears, but Khorne bless them, I love the little buggers and had to have them on my Termis.

Please ignore the bases. They will be replaced when I cast up my "field of bones" bases for the entire army.

C&C as usual.

minamoto
Shas

Post#25 » May 18 2009 05:26

Hi Hereticus,
those are no more angry red gits. These are shiney golden angry gits.
I like the "bunny ears" It's a good and easy way to convert termies into Khornate Termies.

Are you planing to do some modifications to the Defilers/Raiders?

Hereticus
Shas

Post#26 » May 18 2009 05:34

Cheers Mini. The Land Raider will be pretty much stock standard, while the 3 defilers will be modelled with 4 DCCWs and a berserker "jockey" on each so they can also be used as the "Slaughterpack"( I think thats the name) Apoc formation. (Basically 3 defilers with 7 attacks each and WS 5) :evil:

Hereticus
Shas

Re: Hereticus Chaos Blog-Update 25.05.09: Khornate Daemon Prince

Post#27 » May 24 2009 08:57

Here he is, in all his painted glory: The first of my 2 Winged Khornate Daemon Princes

Some people had suggested "Blinging him up" with gold chain to make him look bulkier, especially around the arms and to justify his 3+ save. However I have decided that I like the raw, naked power look he has going now and justify his 3+ save with the phrase " He's a big-ass daemon, he doesn't need physical, shiny armour"

C&C welcome.

minamoto
Shas

Post#28 » May 25 2009 08:16

Hereticus wrote:Cheers Mini. The Land Raider will be pretty much stock standard, while the 3 defilers will be modelled with 4 DCCWs and a berserker "jockey" on each so they can also be used as the "Slaughterpack"( I think thats the name) Apoc formation. (Basically 3 defilers with 7 attacks each and WS 5) :evil:

MINI???!!!! Try to offend me? :P *kidding*

A Bezerker jokey sounds like fun :D I have seen some defilers ridden by Plaguebearers or Nurglings. But I don't like the defilers look for Nurgle themed armies. But for Khornate armies it fits prefectly into the way they look.
So I look forward on those beasts.

The DP looks great. Very red :)
keep it up, when can we see the next one?

Edit: for self-promotion have a look on my infested Raider - starting somewhere on page 2

Hereticus
Shas

Re: Hereticus Chaos Blog-Update 25.05.09: Khornate Daemon Prince

Post#29 » May 25 2009 07:59

Thanks mate. Your infested are looking really good.

The next DP will not show up until i get around to stripping the really bad Thousand Sons paint job that he is currently sporting. Next on the table is another squad of Alpha Legion followed by a Land Raider for my Beserk-inators.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”